Bootcamps

reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
I'm considering going to a bootcamp, mainly for two reasons. Get dedicated time when not tired from working and hopefully learn something from the intstructor and other students.

My main choices are INE or Narbik. Narbik has a very good reputation and I know some of you here have attended his classes. INE should be good also if Brian or Petr teaches the class.

INE has a 10-day class that includes 3 mock labs. This might be the ultimate way to prepare for the real lab however I'm not sure if my job would like me being away for two full weeks and cover all the costs, 6k for the class and then hotel + flight on top of that. That would probably land at about 10k all in all.

Have any of you attended an INE bootcamp. Would you recommend a regular 5-day bootcamp or the 10-day one?
Daniel Dib
CCIE #37149

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It looks as if you have choosen INE. Just as a side note Narbik allows free retakes which is a big thing also. I'm looking at using it before the end of the year.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    reaper81 wrote: »
    INE has a 10-day class that includes 3 mock labs. This might be the ultimate way to prepare for the real lab however I'm not sure if my job would like me being away for two full weeks and cover all the costs, 6k for the class and then hotel + flight on top of that. That would probably land at about 10k all in all.
    I think they have the recorded version of the first week of the Lab Preparation bootcamp available under self study -- you'd just use rack rental, GNS3, or home rack to do the lab exercises.

You can do the Graded Mock Labs (using your tokens) when they are convenient for you. You'll get the grader comments but you may miss out on being able to ask questions about the lab, question phrasing, and the grading. Not sure if you can get additional email clarification about the grading if you have questions if you do the Mock Labs outside of the boot camp.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • froggy3132000froggy3132000 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can tell you from exp. you can't beat Narbik's training. Free retakes is the icing on the cake. He is also one of the most down to earth trainers and is always willing to help you at any time, literally skype sessions at 2am. I can't speak for INE but I can only assume they have top notch training as well.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I believe INE announced that one of their next products available for the all access pass is a recorded live 12 day bootcamp, with brian dennis, mcgahan, and petr all teaching it.

Right now, I'm planning to take Narbik's "no excuses" boot camp, though I'll have to see what his schedule for next year looks like, this years doesn't work for me.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Talk about a great choice of courses! For me the choice is obvious: Narbik has a Cisco 360 approved course which means a free second shot if you fail the first lab attempt. I am planning to do the same as Forsaken_GA and take the Narbik bootcamp and have work purchase a All Access Pass to INE for the video content.

Let us know which one you choose!
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I really enjoyed Narbik's bootcamp. I did the 12 day "No Excuses" bootcamp in May. Two weeks of long days started to wear on me eventually. The second week is mostly labs with a couple lectures.

I feel that the course is worth it but I'll only do one week when I attend again.
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    Thanks Kaleb. One week might be enough indeed. If I attend a bootcamp it will be in the final stages of my preparation so all the foundation should be there by then.

One week is much more affordable and probably easier to negotiate with my job also. Think I'll go with Narbik if I do go but would prefer to go somewhere in Europe if it is possible.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • NOC-NinjaNOC-Ninja Member Posts: 1,403
    One of my co-worker is taking his bootcamp in INE. He said that INE explains to you the technology more than any bootcamp. I dont know how much of that is true.

I would take Narbik since you can retake the bootcamp. icon_thumright.gif
  • keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @reaper. narbik has classes in europe quite a bit so that would be easy to schedule. take some time and read the reviews of his past students.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    When the time comes for me, I will definitely go with Narbik as I have had nothing but excellent response from Micronics in the past, and also the price is not bad for 12 days (and free retakes). Also Narbik has an insane reputation :)

Unless I manage to get the IPExpert E2E with a big discount (WIP), I will go for the above.
  • RehanAndyRehanAndy Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hello i heard that ****** in uk gives a pass guarantee for their 12 day boot camp course. Has anyone heard about this? Will you suggest ******?
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    According to the asterisk taking the place of the name, I highly doubt it. icon_lol.gif
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study:
  • ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    I've heard Narbik's boot camp mentioned numerous times, so out of curiosity I looked it up on google. The 12 day bootcamp is $4500 icon_surprised.gif

That's almost 2 months pay for me!! Now I understand that when you're working at a professional/bordering on expert level (or you are an expert), your salary will likely reflect your knowledge.....but still......$4500???
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • reaper81reaper81 Member Posts: 631
    I don't think it's an unreasonable price. Most people will have some form of sponsoring for the CCIE. That is 2 months pay for you? Thought salaries in US would be higher. If I paid for it out of my own pocket that would be a lot though.
    Daniel Dib
    CCIE #37149
  • jahsouljahsoul Member Posts: 453
    Just looked at the "No Excuses" hours.....wow. I thought about trying to go to that and use it as a way to get my wife and I some time away from the kids. That's not going to happen..lol
    Reading: What ever is on my desk that day :study: