Passed 640-802 after second attempt

bencmcbbencmcb Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello all, I thank everyone in the forum for their support and assistance.

My first attempt of taking the CCNA I failed and made a 722. I studied for a little over a month and retook it yesterday and passed with 854.

This is not a test to be taken lightly. The test is a totally different experience for me. I obtained my A+, Network+, and MCSA certifications without any problems. Because of this, I minimized my study methods (before failing for the first time). I used only one source for studying instead of my usual 2 source method. I was lazy and became complacent because of previous victories.

It was a lesson learned and now I know what not to do for my next goals (I haven't made up my mind yet.. any suggestions? :) ). I hope that others could learn from my mistakes as well.

Thank you again and good luck!

Comments

• Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congratulations. Go get a beer, that should be next! Maybe then consider what to do. It all really depends what you career satus is like now, and what your career goals are. Let us know what you decide.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Todd BurrellTodd Burrell Member Posts: 280
    Congrats - this is a great accomplishment.

Why not complete your MCSE, work on MCITP, or go on for your CCNP? Those are all good options - so it just depends on what your career goals are?

I would think with the CCNA just completed you could go on for either CCNA Sec, Wireless or Voice, or CCNP very easily.

But most importantly you should imbibe some with your favorite beverage first.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats good news. Which study materials did you use. Are you going for CCNP next?
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    bencmcb wrote: »

My first attempt of taking the CCNA I failed and made a 722. I studied for a little over a month and retook it yesterday and passed with 854.

This is not a test to be taken lightly. The test is a totally different experience for me. I obtained my A+, Network+, and MCSA certifications without any problems. Because of this, I minimized my study methods (before failing for the first time). I used only one source for studying instead of my usual 2 source method. I was lazy and became complacent because of previous victories.

It was a lesson learned and now I know what not to do for my next goals (I haven't made up my mind yet.. any suggestions? :) ). I hope that others could learn from my mistakes as well.

1. Congrats on pass.

2. What did you use to prepare?

3. I advise to certify in whatever you get to use at work a lot. It looks stronger on the resume to be certified in something you've used, rather than the other way around :D
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • bencmcbbencmcb Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I used Cisco Press and Sybex. I seem to like networking so at this time it looks like I am heading that direction.
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bencmcb wrote: »

Congrats
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC