Options

UT Knoxville Computer Engineering Student

jeremy8529jeremy8529 Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys! I am a computer engineering student from UT Knoxville as the title of my post proudly proclaims to anyone who glances at it. Right now, I have taken two courses in C++, an intro and a class on data structures, in the fall, I will be taking one on logic design.

In high school, I first joined this community when I was doing Future Business Leaders of America's cyber security and network design competitions, and I studied some CCNA, network+, and security+ material, and I discovered that I really enjoy computer networking.

I am going a different path though than most people on this board, I am wanting to go into the development of the networking equipment. Last fall, I had a 2nd round co-op interview with a major competitor of CISCO with very little programming experience.

I am wanting to blow these guys out of the water when my next interview comes up in the fall or spring by a multi-step plan

1: Get CCNA (know your product and market so you can make it)
2: Learn C (used in hardware much more often than c++)
3: Write some software in C, that mimics how certain devices function.
n +=1: Suggestions from you guys :)

I need some suggestions from some people who have been were I am at now, I need to know what I need to do to get that co-op that will shape the rest of my career.
Does anyone know some typical technical questions that I should be ready for?

Thanks Tech exams :D!

PS: If anyone is interested in working on the simulation program with me, PM me :)