Cisco SDM

TroxilTroxil Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello,

I've booked in for my exam at the end of August and have read the material a few times over now in different modes. This question is for those that have passed the CCNA composite 640-802 exam in recent times (last 6 months /year).

Are you expected be familiar with the GUI for your test at the exam center?

In all the reading I've done at university through the Cisco Net Academy, there was no mention of the SDM. It was only in the CCNA Security where we made use of it. Though for anything CCNA based (in the units covering entirely the 640-802) no SDM was introduced. Though in older material and especially in the ICND1 CBT Nugget series, I've seen SDM used heavily.

Should I be focusing on the SDM, do markers care? Can you avoid the SDM and just use cli to get the job done, so long as the requirements are met ?

I assume the format of the exams are the same and thus are globally the same. I say this, because I'm in Australia and don't wanna feel odd about the process.

For those curious, I've got it booked at DDL through PearsonVUE.

Troxil.

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The NDA forbids us from giving you any specific information about the exam, and it wouldn't matter if we did anyway since we all will pull a different question pool.

That being said, SDM is listed in the official exam topics, so it would be in your best interest to know it.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4975
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    on the back of this post, may I ask where one would get Cisco SDM from in order to practice for the ICND1 exam?
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Well SDM used to be free by signing up for a COO account. That is no longer the case. It is also EOL. If you search your favorite search engine there are other places that have it available. Due to the rules of Techexams, I am unable to post a link.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    Well SDM used to be free by signing up for a COO account. That is no longer the case.

That's interesting, I downloaded sdm 2.5 from the cisco site using a standard account a month or two ago. It did take some digging around to find. Seems I got lucky if they recently changed things.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    MosGuy wrote: »
    That's interesting, I downloaded sdm 2.5 from the cisco site using a standard account a month or two ago. It did take some digging around to find. Seems I got lucky if they recently changed things.

Yeah I'm not sure. I was following instructions per the book and the videos and could not find it. I posted the same question and got the same response. When I selected 2.5 from the cisco site it was saying I did not have an aggreement.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • MosGuyMosGuy Member Posts: 195
    Yeah I'm not sure. I was following instructions per the book and the videos and could not find it. I posted the same question and got the same response. When I selected 2.5 from the cisco site it was saying I did not have an aggreement.

I noticed the same thing when trying to download, received an error. After a few more attempts it went through fine.
    ---
    XPS 15: i7-6700HQ, 256 pcie ssd, 32 GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia GTX 960m, windows 10 Pro

Cert in progress: CCNA (2016 revision)