Options

Google+ TechExams Circle!!

leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
Let's make a TechExams circle, we'll need to add each other. The best way to give a link to add you is to go to Google Plus Nick and create a link using your Forum name from here and your Google ID. I'll start.

http://gplus.to/database

my username is different because i already did this on another forum with a different ID.

Post your link here for other to add you!

If you need an invite leave your email address and I or someone else can send you one.
Dustin Leefers

Comments

• Options
    trikitriki Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    might draw traffic away from the site
  • Options
    I don't think so, it would be more useful just for silly stuff like sharing links to funny videos, etc. Stuff that doesn't deserve it's own thread.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I already have about 10 people in a techexams circle because I was sending out invites.

There is already a TE group on linkedin. I don't think that has really pulled people away.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    I already have about 10 people in a techexams circle because I was sending out invites.

There is already a TE group on linkedin. I don't think that has really pulled people away.

Agree. I barely check TE's LinkedIn group but heck the board multiple times on any given day.
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Pointing out the obvious I guess, but: the circles have local significance, and are not like LinkedIn groups. So unless I'm missing something it's not possible to start "a" TE circle like we have a LinkedIn group. Every individual creates his or her own circles which can include a TE circle for people you know through TE. Hence of course the "we'll need to add each other." in the OPs post.

Feel free to add me using my Gmail address, which is domain@gmail.com where domain should be replaced with the domain that should show currently in your address bar (don't include the www. :)).
    Devilsbane wrote:
    I don't think that has really pulled people away.
    We probably even get more visitors/members in return from people who run into the TE group at LinkedIn.
  • Options
    Yeah, the idea is everyone posts their profile here and then you create your own "circle" and go through and add everybody.

I frequent Hardforums and we are doing it there as well. Basically just to share random stuff with like minded people. It would be awesome if a lot of people do it, you just go through the thread click on link, add to circle, takes 2 seconds per person.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm still waiting for a Google+ invite. Does anyone have any screenshots of what it looks like?
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm still waiting for a Google+ invite. Does anyone have any screenshots of what it looks like?

PM me an email addy and I can send you an invite.
  • Options
    I took the liberty to send you a Google+ invite to the Gmail address you used to register at TE.

As for the look, it looks like Google.com, i.e. minimalistic.

I really like the notification button, actually, we'll have a very similar option soon here at TE at pretty much the same location (in a new design), for new PMs, friend requests, etc (maybe when you get quoted, still working on that).
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Webmaster wrote: »
    I really like the notification button, actually, we'll have a very similar option soon here at TE at pretty much the same location (in a new design), for new PMs, friend requests, etc (maybe when you get quoted, still working on that).

That would be pretty neat. When you say soon are you talking a couple months away or next year+?
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Webmaster wrote: »
    I took the liberty to send you a Google+ invite to the Gmail address you used to register at TE.

As for the look, it looks like Google.com, i.e. minimalistic.

Yeah, that is really nice :)

Anyone know where all the security settings are? The ones I found seemed rather limited. I like the fact that you can comment to only specific circles. Very nice...
  • Options
    Devilsbane wrote: »
    That would be pretty neat. When you say soon are you talking a couple months away or next year+?
    That feature in particular a couple of months tops, aiming for less though. It's part of a major upgrade I will probably have to do in two phases, first being a forum upgrade that includes the notifications button (second basically the rest of the site). I attached a small portion of a screenshot of a test setup that already includes it. A rather meaningless screenshot but the rest is still very much a work-in-progress so would be even more meaningless to include. Anyway, even though the feature itself isn't inspired by Google+, I think I will let myself inspire by that orange rounded box they use. :)
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    any one got an extra invite
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    I can send an invite to anyone that needs one. Just PM me your email addy.
    Dustin Leefers
  • Options
    any one got an extra invite
    Should be in your inbox by now.
  • Options
    NobylspoonNobylspoon Member Posts: 620 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the invite Alan!

http://www.gplus.to/nobylspoon
    WGU PROGRESS

MS: Information Security & Assurance
    Start Date: December 2013
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    djfunzdjfunz Member Posts: 307
    Here I am for everyone's enjoyment. :)

http://gplus.to/djackson
    WGU Progress - B.S. IT - Completed
  • Options
    astrogeekastrogeek Member Posts: 251 ■■■□□□□□□□
    http://gplus.to/astrogeek

Stupid me doesn't even know how to post a working link lol
  • Options
    nhan.ngnhan.ng Member Posts: 184
    anyone has an invite? :) can i have one? icon_redface.gif
  • Options
    kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Anyone have any leftover invites? Would like to have one pretty please! Thank you!
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    kiki162 wrote: »
    Anyone have any leftover invites? Would like to have one pretty please! Thank you!

Send me a PM with your email address so I can add you.....and you as well nhan.ng
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    Thanks Xcluziv, check your PM's
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You should have now, check your inbox
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    Got it thank you guys!
  • Options
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX