Common study time for CCENT

Steveg31Steveg31 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,
I have just started studying for my CCENT (well about two weeks ago) after passing my Security+. I would like to know from those of you who already have your CCENT and/or the 2nd test, how long did you study before taking your test?

BTW; I am using CBTNugget videos, Todd Lammle's book, and Dan's Free Cisco CCNA Study Guide.

Thanks for any responses. :D

Comments

• advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I already have some hands on time with Cisco hardware and setup. For me, my plan is 2 weeks of studying and then taking it. I've already bought the vouchers. I'm not saying that plan is for everyone, but I have networking experience already and I have nothing but time to study since I'm deployed and I have nothing else to do other than the gym.

If you have a wife and kids like I do back home, it may take a bit more time only because your focus is consistently broken. I judge myself for certifications based on when I can answer a question with no hesitation and I can configure based on knowledge and not quick reference.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Steveg31Steveg31 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ahh. You are lucky. I have no previous experience with Cisco equipment, but I am a fast learner. I have a majority of my commands down, and I can subnet in about 30 seconds without a chart. I recently got my hands on a Cisco router to play around with. Now I'm looking for a switch.

No wife and Kids btw. I'm still pretty young I think. My only distraction is my tv.
  • ccnaomkarccnaomkar Member Posts: 187 ■■□□□□□□□□
    add cisco press book

todd lammle is not enough

dont depend on cbtnuggets only

if u started watching cbt nuggets u will forget about tv
  • xenodamusxenodamus Member Posts: 758
    I spent about 3 months on each exam. I also recommend the Cisco Press books by Wendell Odom. The Todd Lammle book was good, but the Odom books really dig down deep.
    CISSP | CCNA:R&S/Security | MCSA 2003 | A+ S+ | VCP6-DTM | CCA-V CCP-V
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I did the cisco acad, but when I really sat down and applied myself it took me about maybe 6 weeks, adding in a vacation and 4th of july weekend. I take it on Thursday and wish I took it last week.

Odom's book and nuggets is what I used. Also used exam cram for last minute reading. I'll used odom and Todd's book for IND2. I read Odom's book twice and it started to sink in pretty well.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • JamesFigueroaJamesFigueroa Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Odom's book and nuggets is what I used. Also used exam cram for last minute reading. I'll used odom and Todd's book for IND2. I read Odom's book twice and it started to sink in pretty well.

Did you feel prepared with just odem/cbt nuggets for ICDN1?
  • kamay44kamay44 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a question about this guys, what is the best way to combine the CBTnuggets videos with a net academy, because they dont go the same way, maybe you have any advice.
    Did you feel prepared with just odem/cbt nuggets for ICDN1?

I think so. I am already bitting at the bit to get the exam over with. I really liked the pratice engine with the odom book. I also have a full lab at home and was going to do the full exam but then had a hard time focusing and decided to do the two test route.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
    kamay44 wrote: »
    I have a question about this guys, what is the best way to combine the CBTnuggets videos with a net academy, because they dont go the same way, maybe you have any advice.

My professor showed the nuggets in class on topics he did not want to speak about. Kinda made me mad because I could have stay home, saved my money and watch the videos.

Just match the topic you are studying in class with heading of the video within the nugget index hta page.
  • kamay44kamay44 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    My professor showed the nuggets in class on topics he did not want to speak about. Kinda made me mad because I could have stay home, saved my money and watch the videos.

Just match the topic you are studying in class with heading of the video within the nugget index hta page.

Thanks men, i'll do it that way.