Options

Anti-Virus Pioneer Evgeny Kaspersky - 'I Fear the Net Will Soon Become a War Zone'

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Evgeny Kaspersky is one of Russia's top Internet virus hunters and IT entrepreneurs. In a SPIEGEL interview, he discusses a raft of recent hacker attacks on multinationals, the "total professionals" behind the Stuxnet virus and his fear of both personal and widespread cyber violence.

Anti-Virus Pioneer Evgeny Kaspersky: 'I Fear the Net Will Soon Become a War Zone' - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

Comments

• Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Cool interview, I would never have guessed a guy like that would be so down to earth.

"although Russians can't build cars the way you Germans can, they do write brilliant software.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    its been a war zone for years if you ask me

if your paranoid about security your not secure enough

we have a system at my office that has never been hooked up to the internet or any kind of network its in a locked room with a biometric door lock and i still question its security
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers:
  • Options
    pizzaboypizzaboy Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    its been a war zone for years if you ask me

if your paranoid about security your not secure enough

we have a system at my office that has never been hooked up to the internet or any kind of network its in a locked room with a biometric door lock and i still question its security

Sounds like Battlestar Galactica :)
    God deserves my best
  • Options
    AhriakinAhriakin Member Posts: 1,799 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Good interview, nice to see he didn't just use it for self-promotion.
    We responded to the Year 2000 issue with "Y2K" solutions...isn't this the kind of thinking that got us into trouble in the first place?
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Its been a warezone for some time now, however only recently has the United States threaten the option of military response to hacking attacks from other countries. Now that is a true cyber-warzone!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    chrisone wrote: »
    Its been a warezone for some time now, however only recently has the United States threaten the option of military response to hacking attacks from other countries. Now that is a true cyber-warzone!
    How exactly is a military response a viable option to a cyber-attack? What if the attack comes from a network in China but was caused by a terrorist group within China, an anonymous group of hackers or from North Koreans hiding in China (hypothetical of course but hey; anything is possible....)?
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    i dunno, have those questions for the pentagon. I see why they would think they should defend the nation with such circumstances. Like if it affected our electrical grid, our economy, military, or any other high end critical city infrastructures and we had evidence it came from a government supported attack. I think cyber ware agents backed by other countries would be treated more like an spy kind of thing, where countries really didn't go to war over espionage but had retaliations via spy's, in this case hackers.
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX