ICND1 on 7/14 PASSED

odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
Thursday is almost here. I have my exam at 8:00am. I haven't reviewed since Sunday and now I don't feel prepared as I did last week. I'm hoping tonight with some pratice test and subnetting questions I will feel prepared again.
Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • odysseyeliteodysseyelite Member Posts: 504 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Took the exam this morning and passed with a 837. It was not as tough as I thought, but I knew I was getting some wrong. I got used to show run to much and forgetting other commands. I did not sweat the subnetting problems. I am going to go over my exam report and revisit some of the areas I missed. I did not really study that much for the last week due to laziness and other commitments.

Onto the ICND2 in 4 weeks or less.

Used Odom's ICND book, had taken the CCNA Acad but did not really put the time and effort to learn then. Also used the CBT nuggets and exam cram. The nuggets and Odom's book really is what got me through the exam.
    Currently reading: Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
  • JamesFigueroaJamesFigueroa Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man on your victory

I am using those same two materials to study for the ICDN 1. Did you feel over studied or prepared for the exam with just those two resources?
    Congrats man on your victory

I am using those same two materials to study for the ICDN 1. Did you feel over studied or prepared for the exam with just those two resources?

Last week I was biting at the bit to go take the exam because I felt so ready. I even tried to move up my test date but there were no appointments available. So with the weekend with the family, time with the gf on monday, not feeling well on tuesday I started feeling under prepared. I could not get my head in the study mode. Lucky enough I did some pratice subnetting questions,pratice writing out my subnet chart and took the boson exam test.

The boson exam is really good that comes with Odom book. If you are in the 90's with it, you should be golden for the real exam.

Those two resources were enough. I also have a real lab at home that I had pratice the typical setups as written in the book. Setup security on con, aux, ssh, telnet. Putting ip and subnets on FE and Serial links.

I wished I overview my commands more.

I finished the exam in about 60 minutes.
    Wow, 60 minutes, thats awesome man...

Whos technique is better for subnetting in your opinion, odem or jeremy?
    Wow, 60 minutes, thats awesome man...

Whos technique is better for subnetting in your opinion, odem or jeremy?

At first I liked Jeremy's, and even though it could do it fairly quicky Odom's was quicker.

You can use Odom's to figure out most of the solution without writing things down. subnet mask 255.255.240.0, ok 256-240= a block of 16. Start counting up. No more writing the subnet mask out in binary.

I use jermey's method to figure out the number of hosts or subnets when asked. From all my pratice, everyone gives you problems with ip x.x.x.x /xx, what are valid ip, subnet, broadcasts. I haven't come up with a real quick way of knowing how many subnets and hosts available. My subnet chart was good for ip adress using the same number of default octets. but it did not work for class B using class C subnets.

I just did the binary math, find out many bits borrowed. before the exam I did my subnet chart, but my binary math in there, and wrote out my mutiples of 16....which I still messed up and corrected during the exam.
    Cool, hey thanks man for the tips

I hope to be where you are at soon
    Oh I forgot to mention. Read Odom's book twice. It really starts to sink in then.
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Congratulations on your pass as well!
  • THA_DOCTHA_DOC Member Posts: 99 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats.Enjoy a few days off!
    An Open Mind, Working to Get IT!:cheers:

DOC
    THA_DOC wrote: »
    Congrats.Enjoy a few days off!

Thanks, I plan on it. Starting ICND2 on Tuesday. I already have a good foundation as I was studying for the composite exam at first.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations on the Pass icon_cheers.gif and CCENT icon_cheers.gif

Good Luck with your ICND2 studies icon_study.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • ShanmanShanman Member Posts: 223
    Grats icon_cheers.gif

Good luck with ICND2