Options

70 685

Hey all,

Can someone tell me what the main differences are between the 70 680 and the 70 685? I'm a hardware tech, mostly use Win 7 in a home enviroment, not much on the corporate side. Been studying for the 70 680 but then saw the 685 exam, wondering if it is easier, harder what?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    rapyokerapyoke Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've taken and passed both, 70-680 deals primarily with configuring, administering, and deploying Windows 7. 70-685 deals with troubleshooting it in a corporate environment.
    [X]70-270 - Configuring Windows XP Professional
    [X]70-680 - Configuring Windows 7
    [X]640-802 - CCNA
    [ ] MCITP
  • Options
    parttimetechieparttimetechie Member Posts: 156
    Which did you find more difficult? What did you use to study for the 685?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I actually had a harder time with the 685, due to there being the Microsoft way and other ways you can accomplish the task.
    I used the MS press 685 and Darril Gibson's book to study for the 685, both are good.
  • Options
    Is there much overlap between the two exams?
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    There is some overlap. I recommend using multiple resources to study for these exams. I found that 686 books helped with the 680 and 685, for example.
  • Options
    ya, I took the practice exam for the 70 680 in the back of the Poulton book, and got about a 50% on them. So much to learn and remember, and a lot of it I have never had exposure to, but seem to need the certification to get the jobs icon_sad.gif