Options

Setting up a no reply outlook email account

mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
I need to setup a no-reply email account that some of users at our firm can use to send emails to clients. We currently use Outlook XP, Outlook 2003 and 2007 and they run on Microsoft Exchange server 2000.

Will it be possible to give the users an option when sending an email when to use a no-reply email address and keep default profile that can be replied to normal emails.

The reason being is some of the reciepients of the emails are no longer calling or communicating with the relevant department but are instead just replying to the emails which then take up the email recievers time in reading it and forwarding it to the relevant department.

I hope I have been clear enough.

Comments

• Options
    EveryoneEveryone Member Posts: 1,661
    Sort of.

IIRC, adding an additional mailbox to the default profile in the type of environment you have may cause the messages sent from that address to show "From no-reply sent on behalf of %username%", which they will probably not like.

Basically you add an additional mailbox to their default profile, and set Outlook up to have the "From" field visible. When they reply to a message inside the no-reply mailbox, they will have to make sure they hit the "From" button and select that mailbox.

On the AD/Exchange side, you will need to make sure all the users that need to use this address have full control over the mailbox.

With Outlook 2010 you can have multiple Exchange accounts in a single profile, and it will automatically use the correct address (without saying "Sent on behalf of") when a user sends a message while that account is highlighted. No need to worry about changing the "From".

Also you should get them to upgrade Exchange. ;)
  • Options
    mishymishy Member Posts: 209 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Everyone wrote: »
    Sort of.

IIRC, adding an additional mailbox to the default profile in the type of environment you have may cause the messages sent from that address to show "From no-reply sent on behalf of %username%", which they will probably not like.

Basically you add an additional mailbox to their default profile, and set Outlook up to have the "From" field visible. When they reply to a message inside the no-reply mailbox, they will have to make sure they hit the "From" button and select that mailbox.

;)

Thank you for the well detailed reply. I have decided to use the from field until we upgrade our Outlook and Exchange.