Options

CCNP Curriculum

pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
So now that I have my CCNA, I've started my venture into the CCNP. I've decided to take on the SWITCH exam first since I have a much better understanding of switching than I do routing, but so far, after a few videos of CBT Nuggets and INE CCNP's videos, it seems like this is just a massive review of the CCNA.

Looking ahead, there a few videos on high availability which I'm looking forward to, but the VLAN, STP, L2 security are all materials that I've seen in the past during my CCNA studies. So, I was wondering if the SWITCH exam follows the same format (it's a review of the CCNA concepts) because if it's looking for a deeper understanding of the technologies, I may need to start looking at different study materials...

Comments

• Options
    Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    I remember thinking the same for the first few chapters/videos. Once you get past vans and trunks you'll start to realise that it's a bitmore in depth. Some of the CEF concepts and Campus security stuff will tax you more and the spanning tree topics are definitley harder.
    The videos aren't enough, you need a decent book aswell - I used the Official cert guide, which is good, but people say that the foundation learning guide is fantastic.

Good luck
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    I have the certification guide and the FLG as well. I usually starts off with the videos to get a high level understanding of the topics, then I go through the books to cement it in. After going through the ICND 2 books, it's nice to see a book with only 500ish pages instead of over 1000 pages!