Options

CHFI - new ver. in the future?

Q80CrudQ80Crud Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
I MIGHT consider going this route but before I shell out $600 in study material, has anyone heard if they are going to update to a new version in the near future? I'd like to avoid spending that type of money if they change the curriculum in a month.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,031 Admin
    I'd like to know this myself. I'll see what I can dig up.
  • Options
    I haven't heard anything myself.
    On a side note, someone was selling their courseware on ebay. I wasn't expecting to get it but I put a max bid for $200 and I wound up buying it for $110. And of course, this happens after I buy the CEH v7 courseware. Looks like I have some studying to do.
  • Options
    grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I heard that v5 was coming next year. I'd say if you are interested go ahead and start on v4. I found the material to be really dry in some areas and super exciting in others. I took a forensics class to get myself going and that is what really made the difference for me. I would also say that if you have recently done ceh to follow right on to chfi, as that seemed to work very well for me.

best of luck!
  • Options
    grauwulf wrote: »
    I heard that v5 was coming next year.
    Any chance can you say where you heard that information? I'm more inclined to start CEH since it's approved for DOD8570. But, if CHFI is gettin an overhaul, then I'd want to start that one first before the curriculum changes.
  • Options
    grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Q80Crud wrote: »
    Any chance can you say where you heard that information? I'm more inclined to start CEH since it's approved for DOD8570. But, if CHFI is gettin an overhaul, then I'd want to start that one first before the curriculum changes.

To be completely honest I heard it from "them". I seem to remember "them" also saying it was looking for spring of '12. All of this is to say that I can't immediately remember. You may consider this to be completely hearsay.

Sorry for not clearly stating that. My bad.
  • Options
    rogue2shadowrogue2shadow Member Posts: 1,501 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This has been on my radar as well (I've been studying it on and off for a while). I'm hoping they don't pull the same cost change that they did with the CEH. If the preceding becomes the case, I'll have to push my test date up a bit icon_lol.gif.
  • Options
    grauwulf wrote: »
    Sorry for not clearly stating that. My bad.
    No worries. It wasn't like I was calling 'BS' on your info. Just curious. I'll probably still go for CEH first since I work in gov't contracting and CEH is approved for DOD8570; CHFI isn't. However, I'll be sure to pick up CHFI when I get my CEH (fingers crossed).