Options

Difficulty and Applicability

mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
Does anyone think that this cert will mean anything to employers within the next 10years. It seems to be a big deal but it seems to lack substance to me. Anyone else got a view on this?
Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
(")_(")domination.

Comments

• Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    Which cert? The CWNA, CWSP, or CWAP? Or all of them?

Within the 802.11 industry the CWNP certs have a lot of significance. To companies actually hiring wireless admins/installers/programmers, the cert is seemingly being more slowly adopted. I base this on the few number of job requisition on the popular job boards (e.g., dice.com and monster.com) and the wireless job boards (e.g., www.workinwireless.com and activewireless.com) that actually list a CWNP cert as "required" or "nice to have."

If you work, or want to work, in 802.11 wireless technology, the CWNP certs are good for both your brain and your resume, regardless what your (prospective) employer thinks of it.
  • Options
    mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Makes sense. Yea I have been reading up about this new 802.11n standard. Sounds like it might open up a lot of new jobs in the civil Wi-Fi area. Like in airports, this stuff is going to dominate. It is supposed to be able to deliver complete and fast Wi-Fi to entire neighborhoods. Chaos for security but definitely a possibility with the right admin and security.

Sounds like the certs hold some weight. Sounds cool, thanks.
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.