Options

Using Microsoft LDCS as a study method?

pzeropzero Member Posts: 192
Ive been putting some thought of recent on why I have failed exams (of recent and in the past). I read and re-read all the materials that I have for the exam, go thru a video series or 2, lab out for hours on each of the required topics, use the technology on a daily basis for my job and then sit and fail the exam.

Maybe its because im not understanding the exam questions, glancing over vital components that change the context of the question or that I can race thru the question too quickly. Maybe its because some questions are poorly written or perhaps its just that I suck at taking exams. Who knows. I know my general exam strategy needs some work.

Another chain of thought I had was that I may not be studing "smart" enough. I generally cant make notes as most of my study time is done in a crammed train on the way to work. I read on the forum here that someone wrote a song explaining the steps to configure a Cisco VPN which I thought was a cool idea, but I lack the creativity and voice to do something like that.

So I had a thought that if maybe I can write up an elearning "study notes" course detailing every exam objective/command supplimented with my notes, links, screenshots, video grabs of going thru the lab as well as a self test "question and answer" exercises at the end it would help reinforce concepts and ideas throughout the course as well as serve as a check list of required items (based off the exam objectives). I have to try something else as I feel my current method just isnt quite working for me. I know its going to "slow up" my schedule of 1 cert every 2 months but at the end of the day, the certs will always be there "tomorrow".

I saw that Microsoft has a free application called LDCS which serves the purpose of elearning and it looks pretty easy to use. Just interested has anyone else tried this or some similar method to learn?

Feedback, thoughts, critisims welcome!