Waiting on the news

grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm at 2 weeks and counting. Who has the longest and shortest turn around times from (ISC)2 ?

just out of random, and possibly morbid, curiosity.

Comments

• joshua.skeensjoshua.skeens Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I would be interested too.

Just took mine on Saturday and now the long wait begins.

Going to take a week off and then pick a book back up again to prepare for the worst.
  • grauwulfgrauwulf Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    looking at some of the posts on the board here, it looks like email results can show up anytime between about 10 days 3 months so the statistical part of my brain is just curious icon_razz.gif

I'm focusing on getting into grad school, and possibly some other things, so I'm going to wait until I hear back on this CISSP before planning anymore tests.

Oh well. So who was in the Scouts?

"Hear we sit like birds in the wilderness, birds in the wilderness, birds in the wilderness. Hear we sit like birds in the wilderness waiting on the scores to show."

icon_razz.gif
  • AlexNguyenAlexNguyen Member Posts: 358 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It took me 5 weeks to have the response for the exam and another 6 weeks for the endorsement.
    Knowledge has no value if it is not shared.
    Knowledge can cure ignorance, but intelligence cannot cure stupidity.
  • core22core22 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    18 days on the test results and 3 days shy of 6 weeks on the endorsement.
    CISSP | GPEN | GWAPT | GCIH | CEH | CHFI | Security+
    BS - InfoSec, Drexel University - Summa Cum Laude
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I think mine was three weeks. Find something else to do to take your mind off the wait.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    18 days for my test results.... and today makes 1 month and 2 days since sending in my endorsement. So I am patiently waiting to get my certificate in the mail.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
    It looks like three-ish weeks is more or less average (at least based on this limited sample) with some outliers as far as six weeks out. I'd guess that those extended waits would be related to some kind of processing delay.

Has anybody had abnormally short or long waits? I read one post that said three months to hear back has anybody here had that kind of a wait? Anybody hear back in fewer than three weeks?

After I handed in that booklet it was completely out of my hands. Waiting is somewhat annoying but it's just part of the game. I've got plenty at work to keep me distracted. icon_razz.gif
    it took me 24 days to hear back. I can finally stop f5ing my email icon_razz.gif
  • joshua.skeensjoshua.skeens Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It took me 18 days to get mine back. Done checking my email 50 times a day!!! YAY! icon_lol.gif
  • badrottiebadrottie Member Posts: 116
    grauwulf wrote: »
    I'm at 2 weeks and counting. Who has the longest and shortest turn around times from (ISC)2 ?

just out of random, and possibly morbid, curiosity.

In regards to my CISSP experience last year: I wrote the exam on June 12, was notified on passing on June 30, and received my congratulations notice on July 13. All told, a month of time from exam to credentialed CISSP.

Compare that to my CISM experience so far: Exam written on June 12, exam results received August 2. My CISM endorsement package is waiting to be signed off and submitted, but it can take up to 8 weeks to process.

(ISC)2 is slow about returning results, but they have nothing on ISACA. Remember: all good things come to those who wait.