Options

Does your helpdesk actually help?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Hmm, I wonder if I could get away with this where I work? I have the urge to do this constantly. It would create a political **** storm between the two directors who already aren't getting along I think.

Please understand that I am *alot* more diplomatic in my communications at work than I am when I post here ;) There's a lot you can get away with when you word it carefully.
  • Options
    TrifidwTrifidw Member Posts: 281
    Ours is actually quite good. A lot of the quick fixes are done by first line (passwords, adding printers/network drives). Anything they know that has to be logged up the line does so and they sometimes pop over/give a call when something out of the ordinary gets requested so they can properly log the call.
  • Options
    pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    The problem with our helpdesk is threefold:

#1 - It's understaffed. 5 guys to handle the needs of 700+ employees, many of who are not technically savvy, is simply not enough. Especially during major rollouts, like upgrading everyones computers, and all of the quirks that come along with it. They simply don't have the bandwidth to process everything that's being thrown at them, so it ends up logjamming.

haha...at least you have a helpdesk. We don't even have a helpdesk! There's a desktop admin, then there's me, the network admin to support 300 users.