Options

Beginning my future as a CCNA

2»

Comments

• Options
    gosh1976gosh1976 Member Posts: 441
    phillipz wrote: »
    School stars on the 8th which is next Monday. I am going to look into some programs that they can help me out with or something outside of school like a internship or something. As of right now I have been looking over a lot of material so far (thanks everyone :D). Right now I am having a super hard time finding a job. Any suggestions?

It's not easy finding an IT related job as a high school student. I would check out all the computer shops you can. There are quite a few in the metro Atlanta area if that's where you area. Summer is going to be the slower time for these shops but it picks up a little bit with school starting back and then picks up a lot in November.

If you happen to not get that average needed for the hope scholarship don't forget about the Hope Grant. You can use that in a certificate program and then after 30 hours they will check again (or used to I assume they still do after the recent changes) for your hope scholarship eligibility. Clayton State University (and I am sure other schools) have an IT certificate program and a networking certificate program. add a couple more classes and you have either a A.A.S. in Computer Networking Technology or A.A.S. in IT. Then you can go on to get your B.I.T. or B.A.S. and of course you can transfer at any time. The College of Information and Mathematical Sciences

The cisco net academy courses are fast paced and without a good foundation you can get lost. Best to have a good foundation which can be had studying for the A+ and Net+ now. If you have the money to take the exams all the better. You can start now by watching some Professor Messer, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Nework+, Microsoft Certification Training free videos.