Options

Is This Study Guide as Good as I have Heard?

ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi,

A few people told me that they used the CIISP Study Guide by Eric Conrad in place of the AIO and had great results because it cut through a lot of the Shon Harris fluff and got right to the point.

Has anyone here had that same experience with this, or not? Just curious....
I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I don't know if anyone has been brave enough to try without using the AIO, LOL... :)
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    GangstaNerdGangstaNerd Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Actually I'm reading it now because a friend of mine that works for DOD highly recommended it, I would still use another source but that Shon Harris book is intimidating, I bought her videos instead. I test on Sept. 17th and I've read Eric Conrads book twice and went through Shon's videos once, I have two more domains to go then its off to freepracticetests.org for a whole month. Then I'm going to read the 11th hour book by Eric two weeks before. But anyways I would recommend going to amazon.com and reviewing the reviews.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the comments guys. Well, I heard this from a few live people and also scanned the reviews on Amazon which kinda reflected the same thing. That Shon Harris was soooo huge and there is a lot of fluff in there, especially if you are already a reasonably experienced person in IT.

Sounds like your approach might be good. Use the 2 Conrad books and then the Shon Harris videos just to cover yourself.icon_wink.gif

I am thinking about challenging myself with this one after VCP and perhaps one or two additional Cisco exams, first.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.