WinPE freezes when trying to copy wim file from network share

ChrisAN82ChrisAN82 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
(Environment Note: Win7 Pro, using Virtual PC to run all test machines as VMs.) I am going through the 70-680 self study book and am getting stuck at Chapter 2, Lesson 1, Steps 16-18, Page 70, when trying to copy the wim file from the network share and apply it. I am able to map the network share successfully, but when I execute the "copy" command it never seems to fully complete. After executing the "copy" command, the cursor drops to the next line and just sits there blinking. No text, error message, or anything else appears. I have left it in this state for over 48 hours and nothing ever happens. I am unable to get the WinPE window to respond to any other input and must shut the VM down. However, when I start the VM up again and go to WinPE, I am able to see the wim file in the directory I had directed it to copy to. I then proceed to step 18 to apply the wim image to the machine, but get an error stating "Error opening file [d:\myimage.wim]. The system cannot find the file specified."

Here's the path of the wim file: The wim file is generated from a VM. I then copy the wim file to a physical HDD. It is from this HDD that I try to pull the wim file using the copy command on the VM with no OS. I have been able to execute the apply command using this wim file on the original reference VM and on the physical machine. The wim file appears to become corrupted somehow when going from the physical machine's HDD to the second VM. I am guessing the corruption is caused because the copy command never fully completes. I am at my wit's end trying to figure this thing out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.