wireless challenge

TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
We have wireless at home for internet. Thats all good. I now have a spare netgear wireless router. I would like to hang the cisco home lab off this thing and be able to connect to it wirelessly.

Two options..

1. Connected the netgear to the cisco gear. Use it with a separate SSID. When access required, disconnect from home wireless and connect to the rack SSID. Inconvienient as we have two separate wireless networks..unable to surf web while connected to rack.

2. Connect the netgear to the cisco gear. Find a way to have it wirelessly connected to the wireless internet router. No cable between the two routers as would require impractical runs between buildings (few metres proximity to one another). Home PC able to surf web through wireless internet router and simultaneously able to connect to gear connected to second netgear wireless router.

Anyone tried option 2? I briefly looked into this but the advice goes to WDS and then starts to stall on wireless repeating and protocol implementation problems between vendor APs.

Comments