CCNA AudioBook

MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
I do a lot of traveling between different buildings - the closest being 100 miles away. Since I'm studying on the CCNA (the one exam route) I'd like to get some extra studying in by listening instead of reading.

I've been looking at the PrepLogic site - they seem good, but I'm not sure about diving into something that isn't good.

Has anyone on here ever purchased an AudioBook, if so... who did you use?
2017 Certification Goals:
CCNP R/S

Comments

• pham0329pham0329 Member Posts: 556
    I had Todd Lammle's audio course and I don't think it was the greatest. Instead, I just ripped the audio from the CBT Nuggets videos and listened to that instead.
  • onesaintonesaint Member Posts: 801
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    I do a lot of traveling between different buildings - the closest being 100 miles away. Since I'm studying on the CCNA (the one exam route) I'd like to get some extra studying in by listening instead of reading.

I've been looking at the PrepLogic site - they seem good, but I'm not sure about diving into something that isn't good.

I take the text from Cisco Press ICND I & II (Odom's books via peachpit) and convert it to audio with an app called ghost reader (for Mac). If you can find a good TTS app, then just convert your ebooks. It works well with a bit of editing. Also, a lot of folks rip the audio from CNTs like pham0329 stated above. I have yet to try that. Otherwise, I havent come across any audio that looks like it's worth the expenditure.
    Work in progress: picking up Postgres, elastisearch, redis, Cloudera, & AWS.
    Next up: eventually the RHCE and to start blogging again.

Control Protocol; my blog of exam notes and IT randomness
  • jonragejonrage Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i back up all my training videos to MP3s by recording the audio from my sound card. i also record myself reading my notes and key points from different sources. i listen to them when i travel and run errands instead of the radio so i'm always learning. pretty soon you start to know the material the same way you know the words to your favorite songs.
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    MAC_Addy wrote: »

I think I bought this audio book in question while I was studying the CCNA. I would not count on it for full training but its good to just put it on in the car and listen. Helped me retain a lot threw repetition.

BTW I am shipping you back your box today, threw in a couple extra goodies icon_thumright.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    pham0329 wrote: »
    I just ripped the audio from the CBT Nuggets videos and listened to that instead.

That's exactly what I had done over the weekend, hopefully it'll be okay to use this since I won't be seeing the slides. I have a good imagination.

VAHokie56 wrote: »
    BTW I am shipping you back your box today, threw in a couple extra goodies icon_thumright.gif

Woohoo! Can't wait to get the box back! Much appreciated! I like goodies, unless it's poop, then I don't like goodies.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • johnd101johnd101 Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took my CBT Nuggets videos (CCNA) and converted them to audio. I listen to them on my commute to and from work. This really helps me retain a lot of information through repetition. Good luck in your studies!
  • kast1kast1 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also use the ccna cbt nuggets video as a source of audio training on the go . I find Jeremy to be entertaining.
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    how do you extract the audio from a video source?
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.
  • mukITmukIT Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There are many free Video to MP3 converters out there just google it.. fro instatnce you can use VLC..Free Video to MP3 Converter (actual name), just find one that you like and you may have to try a couple out to get one you really like.
    A+, Net+, Security+
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Could probably record the audio from the mass of videos on Youtube too.
  • MrsCeeBentonMrsCeeBenton Member Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
    johnd101 wrote: »
    I took my CBT Nuggets videos (CCNA) and converted them to audio. I listen to them on my commute to and from work. This really helps me retain a lot of information through repetition. Good luck in your studies!

Hello johnd101. Do you still have your audio recordings?
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,070 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Hello johnd101. Do you still have your audio recordings?

lol

i think you're about 4 years too late :]