Enjoying the new Job

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
So starting my second week on the night shift and I am loving it. Going to use this weekend to make sure I am up to speed on everything and then start studying for ICND2 next week (only have till October before CCENT expires). I've been running for the past three weeks, not eating out, and just have a much better deminor as a whole. Even worked overtime (8 hours and had to go onsite at the end of my shift) which I usually don't take. Job isn't too challenging, but I get to do more server work and not have people over my shoulder. All and all, very happy with the move!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good to hear you are enjoying it. I did the night shift at an ISP, didnt like the fact I was turning into an owl but having the day free gave me a chance to do interviews without the employer suspecting it.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • CodeBloxCodeBlox Member Posts: 1,363 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Nice that you enjoy the job.

It's a wonder how I will ever do any applying for another job (when the time comes) with all the hours I work during the day here. I only have evenings free as well as the weekend. I would need to use vacation time just to schedule an appointment with an adviser to enroll for classes :P
    Currently reading: Network Warrior, Unix Network Programming by Richard Stevens
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hey grinch..glad you're digging the new job. I just started a new job last week, and I'm loving it as well, too.

My job is extremely challenging, but in a good way. I work with a lot of people who are admittedly more knowledgeable than I am, which is pushing me to become a better engineer. That being said, in two weeks I have put in more studying time than I have the previous 6 months!
  • the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrat Mrock, you still working for the Army? Also, didn't you get married recently? Congrats if so!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    the_Grinch wrote: »
    Congrat Mrock, you still working for the Army? Also, didn't you get married recently? Congrats if so!

Nope, just got out of the Army a month ago. I did get married about 1.5 yrs ago. We've had twins since then, too! And a new house..