Mimecast.. Anyone here admin/work on it?

knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
Hi Guys,

Just want to see if anyone here uses it in the work place at all. I do in the UK and was wondering what the American market was like for this product. I would ask them next time I called but think it might be a bit rude :P
70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

Comments

• HypntickHypntick Member Posts: 1,451 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I know one of the clients we support uses it. Has given a co-worker of mine a few headaches. icon_lol.gif
    WGU BS:IT Completed June 30th 2012.
    WGU MS:ISA Completed October 30th 2013.
  • Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    We use it at my company, I don't mess with it but it seems like a PITA
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • OrlandoSCOrlandoSC Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi knownhero,

Ask away, it's not rude at all - you can find me on twitter @orlando_sc or @mimecast, or even osc at mimecast dot com

Hypntick & Panzer919 - would love to hear about your experiences too, maybe there is something we can do better for you?

Thanks folks,

OrlandoSC
    OrlandoSC wrote: »
    Hi knownhero,

Ask away, it's not rude at all - you can find me on twitter @orlando_sc or @mimecast, or even osc at mimecast dot com

Hypntick & Panzer919 - would love to hear about your experiences too, maybe there is something we can do better for you?

Thanks folks,

OrlandoSC

I don't deal with the product our exchange admin does. It just seems like there have been a couple updates that had issues. Also when we changed ISP's over a month ago, email wasn't working. We gave plenty of notice and had "everything ready to go" according to mimecast tech support. When it did not work we questioned a tech about the problem and he skated the question and would not answer it. Like I said, it was a PITA
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Thomas A. Edison
    Panzer919 wrote: »
    I don't deal with the product our exchange admin does. It just seems like there have been a couple updates that had issues. Also when we changed ISP's over a month ago, email wasn't working. We gave plenty of notice and had "everything ready to go" according to mimecast tech support. When it did not work we questioned a tech about the problem and he skated the question and would not answer it. Like I said, it was a PITA

Hi there, sorry to hear that. If your Exchange admin would like me to look into this in a bit more detail, ask them to email me at the address mentioned above.
    Hi there, sorry to hear that. If your Exchange admin would like me to look into this in a bit more detail, ask them to email me at the address mentioned above.

We got the problem resolved, took a while on the phone with tech support to get it sorted out it was just irritating that we could not get a straight forward answer about something we found.
    Cisco Brat Blog

Thomas A. Edison
    Ok, glad to hear it has been resolved. We do make improvements to our support process as a result of this sort of feedback, so thank you for taking the time.
    Panzer919 wrote: »
    We got the problem resolved, took a while on the phone with tech support to get it sorted out it was just irritating that we could not get a straight forward answer about something we found.
  • knownheroknownhero Member Posts: 450
    Hi knownhero,

Thanks folks,

OrlandoSC

Thanks for the replies. I currently work on it a lot here at my current job. I personally find it the best part of my job as e-mail has always fascinated me. I was just wondering how many people on the forum use it etc.
    70-410 [x] 70-411 [x] 70-462[x] 70-331[x] 70-332[x]
    MCSE - SharePoint 2013 :thumbup:

Road map 2017: JavaScript and modern web development

knownhero wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I currently work on it a lot here at my current job. I personally find it the best part of my job as e-mail has always fascinated me. I was just wondering how many people on the forum use it etc.

Good to hear, especially if it's the best part of your job icon_smile.gif

If you'd like to know anymore about the US Market, feel free to drop me an email, (address in OP above).