Options

ROUTE&SWITCH Composite Exam

linux_anarchistlinux_anarchist Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
All,

In the olden days, you could take a single exam for both BSCI and BCMSN.

I can't seem to find anything like that now on Vue website, is it still available?

If not, has anyone ever taken ROUTE & SWITCH back-to-back in one sitting? Is it painful?

Comments

• Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□

If not, has anyone ever taken ROUTE & SWITCH back-to-back in one sitting? Is it painful?

Probably depends on your pain threshold but then again you have taken the CISSP. :)icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

NetwurkNetwurk Member Posts: 1,155 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Not something I'd want to sit. I got my CCNA by passing a composite, but for CCNP level exams - um, count me out.

It would work for some folks and I think I could actually get through it without a time clock ticking. When I haven't used a command in a while, I tend to type in the part I remember and then add the ? to get the options. And that delay can kill you in some of those sim testlets.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    nope dont think you can take em like that. bgp/mpls do a composite. Dont think i would want to do that or route/switch as a combo exam haha. Guess it depends on your experience of course

why the rush to do 2 in one day?
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I would have hung myself with a cat5 cable if I had to sit another exam after SWITCH!
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462

Given the sheer amount of information in each of these tests, I think it would be insane to try to do them back to back. Between the intricate details of each command as well as the lab complexities I would imagine it would be incredibly painful.

Although technically now that I think about it, there is something very similar to taking them both together, its called the CCIE R&S exam icon_wink.gif
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    CCNP11CCNP11 Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    has anyone ever taken ROUTE & SWITCH back-to-back in one sitting? Is it painful?

I din't think you can. I seem to remember reading that you can only take one cisco test per day.

And unless you're ready to pass your CCIE, I think this is a ton of info to study if this is your first attempt at the cert.