Cisco packed Tracer

solid-snakesolid-snake Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Guys
I am a 'freshy' new CCNA student and currently using Packet Tracer for lab practice.

i hop u guys can help me. got 3 questions for now
1. "LINE AUX 0" i was trying to set a password on the 'Line aux 0 on the router, but seems like packet tracer doesn't have such. or maybe i'm just missing it on how to do it.

2. "TFTP" i installed the tftp32 software on my computer but when i open n try to use it with packet tracer it doesn't work due to different ip addreses. because the tftp32 automatically takes my actual physical ip address rather than the packet tracer simulation pc.

3. "IGRP" after successfully completing RIP i tried IGRP, but once again i didnt have, not sure if im doing something wrong or Packet tracer doesn't support all these...

ANY ASSIST IS APPRECIATED....

recently discover this website and i

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    1. The AUX port is not implemented in any device within Packet Tracer.

2. You cannot connect anything outside of Packet Tracer to your simulated network. Use the built-in tftp server.

3. Packet Tracer does not support IGRP. It is designed to simulate CCNA topics, and IGRP is not a CCNA topic. In fact, it's not even built into modern IOS versions.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Btw, welcome to the forum.
  • bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Google the Free CCNA workbook and start trying to work through some of that. It is geared toward users of GNS3, but you can make it work in Packet Tracer (or do the legwork and set up GNS3). IGRP is no longer supported as a CCNA topic; the routing protocols tested on are primarily RIPv2, EIGRP, and OSPF. Welcome to the forum!
  • solid-snakesolid-snake Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    alan, cyberguypr and bigmantenor.

Thank you ever so much guys for ur replies, i appreciate it.
    i didnt even know IGRP wasnt used in Modern IOS versions. I just finished this lab course and the lab book the dude gave us had "IGRP" in it. But thanks for letting me know.

i didnt even know there was build in tftp serve, i've only downloaded packet tracer this weeks. but will defo try to google and download the free ccna sources.

thanks once again, and for welcoming me too.

icon_thumright.gif
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    If you have any doubts as to what topics you need to know for any Cisco exam, always check the official exam topics. You have to register to view that page, but it's free and quick to do.

IT Certification - Cisco - Cisco Systems
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you're new to Packet Tracer, check out Youtube - lots of tutorials.