Options

planning ahead

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
I have to take all three tracks (CCNP) for Davenport next school year. Would it be wise to study ROUTE, SWITCH, and TSHOOT at the same time? This is just for the classes though and they use the FLG. I'm not going to take the actual certification tests during those classes. If I do this then I will graduate with my second degree in the same school year. I would also have to take CCNA: Security. I have time to get my CCNA before then. I do plan on taking the CCNA: Security but I won't turn in the cert for credit because I might not graduate if I transfer in too many credits to DU.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have to take all three tracks (CCNP) for Davenport next school year. Would it be wise to study ROUTE, SWITCH, and TSHOOT at the same time? This is just for the classes though and they use the FLG. I'm not going to take the actual certification tests during those classes. If I do this then I will graduate with my second degree in the same school year. I would also have to take CCNA: Security. I have time to get my CCNA before then. I do plan on taking the CCNA: Security but I won't turn in the cert for credit because I might not graduate if I transfer in too many credits to DU.

I think that it might be pretty difficult for study R, S and T at the same time but for you the reward might justify it. I think you will just have to budget your time carefully and you should be ok. I have heard Switch is a beast though so keep that in mind.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I think that it might be pretty difficult for study R, S and T at the same time but for you the reward might justify it. I think you will just have to budget your time carefully and you should be ok. I have heard Switch is a beast though so keep that in mind.

Thanks for the reply.

I will make sure to spend a lot of time in the labs for all three of these classes. I'm up for the challenge though. I forgot to add that I also have to take a class for active directory. Sounds like a fun semester.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    Would it be wise to study ROUTE, SWITCH, and TSHOOT at the same time?

One at a time man, one at a time! Haha, just kidding. If you can pull it off, then go for it. It's going to be a lot of information at once though I think. I'm currently racking my brain as I'm going through ROUTE (in a good way), because there's just so much to learn. I couldn't fathom trying to take on the SWITCH objectives at this same time. I think it'd be easier to zone in on one of the certifications objectives, and master it, and then zone in on the next. But hey maybe you got the skills to pay the bills. Do whatever you feel is right
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi