Passed ExSim Max ICND1 exam A but...

2»

Comments

• alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Good luck with the exam!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Passed Exam C with 91%!!! Feeling pretty stoked about that result. I think only one new thing caught me off guard. Another I need to freshen up on because I swear I had it right. One question I did bad math on and one of them I knew the correct answer but for some reason I chose something waaay off the mark! I had about 18 minutes to spare so I should have concentrated more and maybe I wouldn't have forked that one up.

All in all, I feel confident going for the real deal exam on Tuesday!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
    TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
    Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP
  • SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Just took exam C and got an 84%. Lot's of DHCP CLI config questions.

I also didn't quite get what I was being asked to do for that security simulation. Did you get that one wave?

I'm getting tired of these CHAP/PAP questions that don't belong in the test engine. Can't find any mention of them in either Odom's or Lammle's books.
    SdotLow wrote: »
    Just took exam C and got an 84%. Lot's of DHCP CLI config questions.

I found one question that just seems wrong. Asked about the speed of Interface S 0/0 on router A. Claimed the correct speed was 1.544Mbs. Is this just the generic speed of a serial cable? Or is there something in a show command that displays it. I did show int s 0/0. mtu was 1500k, bw was 1548k, available bw was 1148k.

I also didn't quite get what I was being asked to do for that security simulation. Did you get that one wave?

I'm getting tired of these CHAP/PAP questions that don't belong in the test engine. Can't find any mention of them in either Odom's or Lammle's books.

That's a great score!

Go through the exam in study mode and read up on that interface speed question. Remember what that BW is shown in Kbps.

Security sim...Probably, but I'm just trying to recall which one you mean. PM me if you like.

Yeah, for CHAP and PAP I had to dig online and read docs on Cisco's website. Configuring them is not an ICND1 topic from what I can see, but I know how to do that now!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
  • SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    I went through the questions in study mode. I missed a couple because of not paying attention, such as that one you pointed out. The . and the , looked the same to me lol. Didn't notice a difference.

Security sim was, again, CHAP stuff. Had 3-4 questions related to that on my exam C which drove my score down. And no, it's not covered on ICND1.

I'm feeling good about my prospects for passing next Saturday. You'll pass for sure with those scores you've got.

When you pass on Tuesday, if you wouldn't mind, let me know how much easier the exam was in relation to the exsim-max :D. I'd like to get all of the confidence I can so I'm not so nervous. If it's harder than these exsim's, I might just delay it another week or two.
    Sure thing! I'll report back. However, with limited detail due to the widely talked about NDA!

Yeah, I wouldn't feel to bad about configuring CHAP/PAP. You can probably bump your score up a bit because of that.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012