N+ discounts?

JugglingRefereeJugglingReferee Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
How much should I pay for the N+ exam?

How much should I pay for the S+ exam?

Is there a way to purchase vouchers for both at a discount?

Thanks!

Comments

• bigmantenorbigmantenor Member Posts: 233
    Assuming you're in the U.S., I've had the best luck with a combination of Ebay and Discount Test Vouchers for A+ Certification Microsoft Certification from GetCertify4Less. Not really sure you can put an exact number on how much you "should" pay; look up the cost of each on CompTIA's website, and hope that you come in under that. Sometimes you will find vouchers for dirt cheap, but they will be the early expiration variety, so you have to decide if you are ready enough that you could take the test in the next two weeks (as an example).
  • mykie413mykie413 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    right now the cheapest net+ is on getcertified4less. it's the exam vouchers link on the left hand side towards the bottom on the techexams.net homepage. They have early expiration pearson vue vouchers that expire on 8/18 i believe, so if you're ready they're $196 compared to $236 regularly. supervoucher.com has net+ regularly at $224 so if you're not ready to use a voucher that expires in 12 days, supervoucher is your best bet. IMO from shopping around quite a bit for both A+ and Net+ and comparing prices for future certs, those 2 websites seem to be the most competitive across the board. Definitely google vouchers for each specific cert you are looking for because you may want to find early expiration or just general specials from other sites.
  • IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    There are several websites that offer deals. Also, I would try ebay (search: voucher comptia)
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • JugglingRefereeJugglingReferee Member Posts: 49 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies. I had to go out of town twice, but now I'm back into it. I think I can be ready to write by the end of the month - hopefully the $50 discount still applies later in the month.
  • universalfrostuniversalfrost Member Posts: 247
    check ebay.

I just picked one up last week for $169 and I have registered for the exam on the 29th with the voucher, so it is legit. (I am previously N+ and Sec+ certified for life, but my employer wanted me to get the latest CE for N+ and Sec+).

PROMETRIC CompTIA NETWORK+ CERTIFICATION EXAM VOUCHER | eBay
    "Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati" (when all else fails play dead) -Red Green