Is CWNA recognized?

MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
I've only just now found out about the CWNA certification and until now I have never heard of CWNP. Are they a exam body similar to cisco and comptia?

i've passed my network and security+ and am studying a ccent now but this CWNA has also peaked my interest as i do like to learn about wireless stuff. Is this a world recognized qualification and is it ok for someone who has a network+ to do? or does it require more experience
I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.

Comments

• BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    It is VERY recognized worldwide. If you are just starting in wireless, I would recommend their CWTS cert first before the CWNA. At least read the book.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    I agree with Bokeh there, if you worked with wireless much I would start with the CWTS. If you have worked heavily with WLAN technologies I would then start with the CWTS.

A small write-up of my CWTS exam experience.
    My thoughts on the CWTS exam from CWNP. Another networking blog
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    They are popular in certain circles and the government has some of their certs as DOD8570. I would say that as far as wireless is concerned, they are probably the most popular certs from what I have seen (followed by Cisco Advanced Wireless certs).
  • Corndork2Corndork2 Member Posts: 266
    If you are interested in a career or job in wireless then they definitely are. Major wireless companies recognize these certs highly.
    Brocade: BAIS, BACNS, BAEFS Cisco: CCENT, CCNA R&S CWNP: CWTS Juniper: JNCIA-JUNOS
    CompTIA: A+ (2009), Network+ (2009), A+ CE, Network+ CE, Security+ CE, CDIA+
    Mikrotik: MTCNA, MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCTCE VMware: VCA-DV Rackspace: CloudU