Frame-Relay...How to Verify?

NetAdmin84NetAdmin84 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
gns3-frame-relay.jpg
Quick question. I am aware that DLCI's are only locally significant, but assuming I want to see what the DLCI's assigned to the interfaces on R1 and R2 are, how would I go about doing that? If R0 has sub-interfaces, and I do the show frame-relay map command, I get no information regarding the DLCIs on the other side of the VC. If someone has a better picture to offer, and maybe the output from the correct show command to answer this question it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance! :)
Currently reading:

Cisco Press: CCNA Offical Exam Certification Library - Wendell Odom
Sybex: CCNA Study Guide - Todd Lammle
ExamCram: CCNA - Michael Valentine

Currently pursuing:

CCNA - CWNA - MCTS

Comments

• billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    Show frame pvc will give you the DLCI.
  • capitanuionutcapitanuionut Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    billyr wrote: »
    Show frame pvc will give you the DLCI.
    show frame-relay pvc will give you the local dlci...

He is asking about how can find out the remote dlci's of R2 and R1 from R0...
    From what i know...this is not possible since the DLCI is locally significant...it means that the router don't know and don't care about those remote DLCI's...he only cares about how it needs to address the frames to arrive at the correct destination..he indeed knows about the remote IP addresses that the local dlci's points to..

This is the FR provider's bussiness...If you wwant to know the frame-relay remote DLCI's i believe that you need to call your ISP and ask them ...
  • CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    if you could provide me with the following:

R0 config
    R1 config
    FR0 config

I could have an answer for you in about 5 minutes

Me love frame relay

:)
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    show frame-relay pvc will give you the local dlci...

He is asking about how can find out the remote dlci's of R2 and R1 from R0...
    From what i know...this is not possible since the DLCI is locally significant...it means that the router don't know and don't care about those remote DLCI's...he only cares about how it needs to address the frames to arrive at the correct destination..he indeed knows about the remote IP addresses that the local dlci's points to..

This is the FR provider's bussiness...If you wwant to know the frame-relay remote DLCI's i believe that you need to call your ISP and ask them ...
    Or you could try to telnet into each of the routers and then use the show frame-relay pvc command.
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • capitanuionutcapitanuionut Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    MrRyte wrote: »
    Or you could try to telnet into each of the routers and then use the show frame-relay pvc command.

Or that..you can view the remote IP's ...telnet to remote routers and find out the DLCI... very good answer MrRyte!:)