Just some funny thoughts about Cisco...

JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
Going through WAN connectivity material, I don't think I've ever encountered so many acronyms ever in life than I have by going through CCNA material and networking in general...lol. It seems any combination of 2-4 letters in the entire alphabet stands for SOMETHING in our computer/networking world. icon_lol.gif WOW

Also, I often study in public and around current coworkers (not in the IT field) and from their quick-glance view over my shoulder on the laptop, the diagrams, coding, videos, acronym-rich text and my own silent diligence with it all, people think I'm building a really sophisticated bomb or something... icon_lol.gif "What are you so busy doing over there? What's that right there, man? (pointing at the circular router symbol with the big 'X' on it with all the wires & a lightning bolt coming out of it on the network diagram) HUH? I DON'T LIKE THAT RIGHT THERE MAN.. I DON'T LIKE IT! WHAT IS IT?? You designing a luxury bomb or something?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Things look different from the outside in, huh. icon_study.gificon_cool.gif Just thought I'd share a lil humor.

GEEKS UNITE! icon_cool.gif

Comments

• IRONMONKUSIRONMONKUS Member Posts: 143 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's good stuff right there. Reminds me of when my significant other is working on a crochet project. Have you seen those patterns? They look like some nuclear plans!

Sample:

Ch 4 loosely, 2 hdc in 2nd ch from hook, 2 hdc in each of the next 2 ch sts -- 6 hdc.

Row 1: Ch 1, 2 hdc in 1st st, 1 hdc in next st, [2 hdc in next st] twice, hdc in next st, 2 hdc in last st -- 10 hdc.

Row 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc in 1st st, hdc in next 3 sts, [2 hdc in next st] twice, hdc in next 3 sts, 2 hdc in last st -- 14 hdc.

What kind of encrypted code is that?! icon_lol.gif
  • JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    IRONMONKUS wrote: »
    That's good stuff right there. Reminds me of when my significant other is working on a crochet project. Have you seen those patterns? They look like some nuclear plans!

Sample:

Ch 4 loosely, 2 hdc in 2nd ch from hook, 2 hdc in each of the next 2 ch sts -- 6 hdc.

Row 1: Ch 1, 2 hdc in 1st st, 1 hdc in next st, [2 hdc in next st] twice, hdc in next st, 2 hdc in last st -- 10 hdc.

Row 2: Ch 1, 2 hdc in 1st st, hdc in next 3 sts, [2 hdc in next st] twice, hdc in next 3 sts, 2 hdc in last st -- 14 hdc.

What kind of encrypted code is that?! icon_lol.gif

HAHA! Wow I had no idea crocheting was so complex icon_lol.gif I'll stick to Cisco icon_twisted.gif
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    LOL.

If you really want DBA then join the military.

You'll be well-versed in your TLA's, and FLA's before it's all said and done.

(Death By Acronym) --- just made this one up.
    (Three Letter Acronyms)
    (Four Letter Acronyms)
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    instant000 wrote: »
    LOL.

If you really want DBA then join the military.

You'll be well-versed in your TLA's, and FLA's before it's all said and done.

(Death By Acronym) --- just made this one up.
    (Three Letter Acronyms)
    (Four Letter Acronyms)

It's only the FNG's that suffer DBA. icon_cool.gif

That would be ****ing New Guy for the civilians out there.
  • instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    alan2308 wrote: »
    It's only the FNG's that suffer DBA. icon_cool.gif
    That would be ****ing New Guy for the civilians out there.

Yeah, they call me FNG (Flipping New Guy) at my current position, and I kinda resented it, as I'd had six years prior service in the Army :D

Also, the pervase culture of profanity reminds me of a conversation I heard basic training:

Private: Drill Sergeant, I cuss all the time now, I never grew up cussing.

Drill Sergeant: Private, I didn't cuss before I joined this G-D'ed Army either.

This same Drill Sergeant, on another day:
    Look here, "MF'ers"! -- Privates, I'm wrong, you're not "MF'ers."-- But you know what I'm going to do for you? I'm going to turn you "MF'ers" into soldiers!

Classic Fort Benning!

1st Platoon, Bravo Company, 1/38 Infantry Battalion, Hooah!

EDIT: One more (and then I'll stop with the war stories ... they annoy me too, LOL)

Private: Rock of the Marne, Drill Sergeant!

Drill Sergeant: Rock your own G'D'ed Marne, private! Drop and give me fifty!
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    Going through WAN connectivity material, I don't think I've ever encountered so many acronyms ever in life than I have by going through CCNA material and networking in general...lol. It seems any combination of 2-4 letters in the entire alphabet stands for SOMETHING in our computer/networking world. icon_lol.gif WOW

Also, I often study in public and around current coworkers (not in the IT field) and from their quick-glance view over my shoulder on the laptop, the diagrams, coding, videos, acronym-rich text and my own silent diligence with it all, people think I'm building a really sophisticated bomb or something... icon_lol.gif "What are you so busy doing over there? What's that right there, man? (pointing at the circular router symbol with the big 'X' on it with all the wires & a lightning bolt coming out of it on the network diagram) HUH? I DON'T LIKE THAT RIGHT THERE MAN.. I DON'T LIKE IT! WHAT IS IT?? You designing a luxury bomb or something?" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Things look different from the outside in, huh. icon_study.gificon_cool.gif Just thought I'd share a lil humor.

GEEKS UNITE! icon_cool.gif

last week a female friend saw the OSPF **** sheet on my desk.

"you are learning that?! your brain must be HUGE!"

i wish she was right icon_wink.gif
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • JohnnyBigglesJohnnyBiggles Member Posts: 273
    last week a female friend saw the OSPF **** sheet on my desk.

"you are learning that?! your brain must be HUGE!"

i wish she was right icon_wink.gif

Got a pdf of this you wouldn't mind sharing?
  • martell1000martell1000 Member Posts: 389
    Got a pdf of this you wouldn't mind sharing?

no problem:

**** Sheets - Packet Life
    And then, I started a blog ...
  • ZachBZachB Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□

That's an awesome link. Thanks!
    Currently working on:
    CISSP
    MSFT 70-417
    CCNA
  • earweedearweed Member Posts: 5,192 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Packetlife has some great review sheets!
    No longer work in IT. Play around with stuff sometimes still and fix stuff for friends and relatives.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    CCNA has to be one of the hardest exams out there! Especially when you go into your studies with no networking experience. It can get rather difficult with the vast amount of theories and technologies that the exam covers.

GL icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX