CCENT Study

2»

Comments

• rickinyorkshirerickinyorkshire Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SdotLow wrote: »
    Timber: I thought I had this figured out, until I went home and reconfigured my lab with various IP addresses in mixed blocks.

I'm having trouble with this route table because my home lab looks nothing like it (it's mostly connections with very few routes, only 3 routers icon_sad.gif ). I reread the chapter, but am not seeing how these routes are populated in such a way. How are all of these varying subnet masks being applied to these routes?

As an example, is there a router on the network that starts with 172.16.0.0 with a /22 mask? Such as 172.16.0.7 255.255.252.0, and it just lists it as the above since it's not directly connected? I also don't see anything directly connected which is confusing me even more. Or, now that I'm looking at it, is this VLSM and not covered in CCENT?

It is VLSM as it states above the routes 'variably subnetted'. This is covered briefly in the Odom book but I don't think into much detail.
  • SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    It is VLSM as it states above the routes 'variably subnetted'. This is covered briefly in the Odom book but I don't think into much detail.

Yeah I saw that, which is why I was hoping to get clarification as to if it would be covered in CCENT. As in, will I see this kind of thing on the exam (a route table with VLSM routes).
  • rickinyorkshirerickinyorkshire Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Passed the ICND1 exam yesterday with a score of 874 :D

Onto ICND2 now!

:D
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
  • GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    Passed the ICND1 exam yesterday with a score of 874 :D

Onto ICND2 now!

:D

could you please give some more information about the exam. How were the questions, especially simulation ones? any SSH question ? SDM ? just basic configurations ? how many sub netting questions ?

thanks
  • MrXpertMrXpert Member Posts: 586 ■■■□□□□□□□
    wave wrote: »
    I'm taking my ICND1 exam in a week and a half. I decided a week ago to purchase the ExSim Max exam pack from Boson and I can honestly tell you that I'm glad I did!

The exams feel more real than the ones that come with the Odom books.

when you say "more real". What do you mean by this?

I found the questions on the Odom's icnd1 cd were very intense. I'd spend several minutes reading the questions and there seemed to be endless questions involving massive network diagrams and the page was cluttered with IP addresses. All the simulation questions (involving the CLI) I did from the Odom cd i got right though. Those I found easy. I didn't do all 150 odd odom questions because it took me long enough to do 60. I may try again when I can set aside the 3-4 hours I need to work through them
    I'm an Xpert at nothing apart from remembering useless information that nobody else cares about.