Options

Company called after 1 year 8 months

I picked up a call today and I was shocked that some company called me after 1 year and 8 months of applying for an entry level job.

My career goal have changed a bit and I'm already looking forward to move one layer up. I needed a job so bad during recession 2009/2010. But, today, they called and I told them I am no longer interested. Conversation was short as I didn't know what else to say. I told them I already have a job.

A bit shocking for them to call me after that long!

Comments

• Options
    crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    I had a similar experience. I sent in an application to a job posting, and never heard anything from them. About 1 1/2 years later, I get a blind call from them asking if I was still looking as they had an opening. Went in to hear them out, ended up getting a position higher on the food chain then I went in interviewing for.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    I guess some companies really do keep your information on hand for future openings.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Something like that happened to me, I applied for a job and 12 months later I was called to see if I still wanted it... BTW I did take it and met a girl who is now my wife :)

-Ken
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    NinjaBoy wrote: »
    Something like that happened to me, I applied for a job and 12 months later I was called to see if I still wanted it... BTW I did take it and met a girl who is now my wife :)

-Ken

Thats really cool!
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    I got my current job in a similar way. I had a telephone interview over a year ago which I failed. They called earlier this year and asked if I was still interested. This time I passed the initial and successive interviews :)
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had a company contact me 5 years after initially applying!

I sent them my CV some time in 2005 but never heard anything from them. Last year they sent me an email asking if I was still looking for a job. I have relocated in the meantime so it wasn't an option anyway icon_smile.gif
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    NinjaBoy wrote: »

-Ken

that is an awesome story!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Most for me was like 3 or 4 months, and just like you I was shocked. I was at school and missed the call, listened to the voicemail on the way home and my jaw dropped. Hello first job lol.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    themagiconethemagicone Member Posts: 674
    Not a year but I've had it happen 6 months down the road. Interview went bad. Then out of the blue manager called me up and said let's try this again. Got the job but got fired few weeks later (long story).
    Courses Completed at WGU: JIT2, LYT2, TFT2, SJT2, BFC2, TGT2, FXT2
    Courses Required For Me To Graduate WGU in MS: IT Network Managment: MCT2, LZT2, MBT1, MDT2, MNT2
    CU Done this term: 16 Total CU Done: 19
    Currently working on: Nothing Graduation Goal: 5/2013
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    lordy wrote: »

I sent them my CV some time in 2005 but never heard anything from them. Last year they sent me an email asking if I was still looking for a job. I have relocated in the meantime so it wasn't an option anyway icon_smile.gif

Wow, I'm amazed you even remembered that you had applied there!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    QHaloQHalo Member Posts: 1,488
    lordy wrote: »

I would've had fun with that. "Hello! I've been waiting for your call, thanks for getting back to me so quickly!" Something to that effect...
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    those are always ego boosters icon_lol.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote: »
    Wow, I'm amazed you even remembered that you had applied there!

They are a renowned CA, that's the only thing why I remembered them icon_wink.gif
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Thats really cool!
    that is an awesome story!

Thanks guys, married now for 7 years with a great little boy :)

(sorry to go off topic a little :) )

-Ken
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I got my current job by applying online, and they called about 5 minutes later to setup an interview...true story.
  • Options
    phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    The job I'm in now I interviewed for 2yrs before getting the position.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus