Options

Breaking out on my own.

BrokenFrameBrokenFrame Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Very , very soon I will be MCTIP Enterprise Admiin. I plan on getting Excange certs next. Anywhoo... I am kicking around leaving the corporate word for private small business consulting. Has anyone done this? I know you can resell antivirus stuff, offline data backup etc if you have a business license, this helps by having a lot to offer the customer. Anyone have a list of these types of services to offer? I think AVG is one of them. Secondly, how to survive during the beginning where money is tight. Any suggestions or thoughts on this? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    What experience/background do you have?
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    Very , very soon I will be MCTIP Enterprise Admiin. I plan on getting Excange certs next. Anywhoo... I am kicking around leaving the corporate word for private small business consulting. Has anyone done this? I know you can resell antivirus stuff, offline data backup etc if you have a business license, this helps by having a lot to offer the customer. Anyone have a list of these types of services to offer? I think AVG is one of them. Secondly, how to survive during the beginning where money is tight. Any suggestions or thoughts on this? Thanks!

The obvious easiest way to survive when starting out is to just do it as a side business, and then when your projects start paying better than your job, leave your day job, and do it full time.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    instant is right, do it part time for a bit to see if you are going to make any money. Dave Ramsey says to start the side business and when working at it part time you make about 40% of your fulltime income, you should then quit and do it full time. Good luck!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice. I am a tech of 14 years. Started at the bottom and now do IT for a mall business. I was looking to go enterprise but feel in the end I can make more money building an it company. Any suggestion on business services? Such as antivirus or backup or hostef email that I can resell?
  • Options
    Small business not mall business.... Haha thanks blackberry...
  • Options
    instant000instant000 Member Posts: 1,745
    I wish I could advise you on this, but I can't. I keep telling myself that I'll do this post Master's, but we'll see about that, LOL.
    Currently Working: CCIE R&S
    LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lewislampkin (Please connect: Just say you're from TechExams.Net!)