Options

Pass 70-647 what a beast!

stefxstefx Registered Users Posts: 7 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello!:D

Yesterday I've passed the 70-647 and I am now an MCITP-EA!

I have to say this exam was the hardest that I have passed so far (done the MCSA 4 years ago)

The hard stuff is the short time and so much reading! I had first 20 questions and 40 mn. This is 2 minutes per question...Some of the answers are quite obvious but others I had to read 2 or 3 times the answers choices and questions.
May be because I was too nervous... I had to do the last 3 questions in 2 minutes!

This never happened before and it is my 10th MS cert....

So after this I was feeling not very comfortable and stressed, then come the testlets!
I had 5 teslets with 5 or 6 question and 23 to 26 questions for each test let. This again was hard due to the sort time. You have to read the whole block of the company existing infra, services, topology, ongoing problem and requirement for the future.

Some answers some times are obvious but when you are hesitating you can sit there thinking and going back and force from the questions to the company information block, this can last very long time...

On one testlet I even did not had the time click on review at the last question, the time expired before! (I hope it took my answer btw).

So yes for me 70-647 was "my" beast. To study it I had to go back to the 70-640,70-642,70-643 and a lot of TechNet and with a lot a labbing to get a good refresh and thorough understanding .It took me quite along time to finish the R2 book form MS (I had to postpone twice the exam) but it was the most pleasant one as it covers everything. icon_study.gif

So now I am happy! Its was hard but I did learn some new staff and I feel much more comfortable with MS 2008/win7 even if I have a lot of experience with older product! which is for me the point of being certified! icon_thumright.gif

Now let's have some rest!

Comments

• Options
    BloogenBloogen Member Posts: 180 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome work. Sounds very tough but you came prepared. It must feel good to be done with the set. Do you feel you've been putting your new 2008/7 skills to use in your current roles?
  • Options
    Bloogen wrote: »
    Awesome work. Sounds very tough but you came prepared. It must feel good to be done with the set. Do you feel you've been putting your new 2008/7 skills to use in your current roles?

Thanks! Not yet as our infra is based on Windows 2003. But I will soon reply to some jobs adverbs that has some 2008/WIN7 migration or project.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! There should be an "I survived 70-647" shirt and bumper sticker combo.
  • Options
    cyberguypr wrote: »
    Congrats! There should be an "I survived 70-647" shirt and bumper sticker combo.

lol thanks! I might actualy go to make print one like that!