Options

Google TV

-Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
Well, since the price on google tv's dropped, I decided to get one. I haven't had a lot of time to play around with it, but so far I like it. Once they open it up for apps though, I think it will be a lot better.

Anyone else have one?

Comments

• Options
    shaqazoolushaqazoolu Member Posts: 259 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was considering it since the price drop as well. I know some people had gotten Honeycomb running on it already but I think they had to do something similar to rooting it to make it work. Does yours have Honeycomb on it yet? That's really what I was waiting for before I pulled the trigger.
    :study:
  • Options
    tpatt100tpatt100 Member Posts: 2,991 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was checking it out a while back but the reviews I read is what made me stop and wait. I thought I read that Google was going back to the drawing board and making some changes so I am taking a wait and see approach.
  • Options
    -Foxer--Foxer- Member Posts: 151
    No, it doesn't have Honeycomb yet. I think it's supposed to come out next month. That will be a big improvement from the looks of it, and the addition of apps will be nice as well. It is a pretty interesting device though.
  • Options
    MrSwissCheeseMrSwissCheese Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I can understand the temptation with the price drop but taking the price and product out of the equation, would you consider buying "Widget A" when they had negative sales for the first quarter of 2011? In other words, the Logitech Review was being sent BACK to Logitech at a higher rate than Logitech was sending to their distributors.

I think that would be enough for me to reconsider any product I was thinking about purchasing.

Logitech: More Google TV box returns than sales* – SplatF
  • Options
    MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I can understand the temptation with the price drop but taking the price and product out of the equation, would you consider buying "Widget A" when they had negative sales for the first quarter of 2011? In other words, the Logitech Review was being sent BACK to Logitech at a higher rate than Logitech was sending to their distributors.

I think that would be enough for me to reconsider any product I was thinking about purchasing.

Logitech: More Google TV box returns than sales* – SplatF
    That blogger posted an update:
    Logitech: Actually, people aren’t returning those Google TV gadgets in droves – SplatF

The problem with low sales probably has a lot to do with the high cost which has been fixed by the price drop. I considered getting one at the original price but I thought it was kind of expensive and to use it with Dish Network you have to pay a monthly "DVR integration" fee. The current price is more compelling but I don't really want to pay the Dish Network fee to use it.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV