70-432/70-450 before 70-433/70-451

enJOYlifeenJOYlife Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
For those who have taken (and hopefully passed) all exams, would you recommend studying and taking one set of exams before the other? While there is a lot of flack of doing bootcamps for these certifications, I'm considering doing two week-long bootcamps back-to-back for the DBA and DBD certifications. I would just like to get thoughts on whether learning the administration side before the developer side makes more sense or vice versa.

My background includes heavy front-end SQL Server use and query writing (12 years) and I'm ready to take it to the next level. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comments

• enJOYlifeenJOYlife Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I think in your situation it is likely 6 of one and 1/2 dozen of the other. But that is based on your experience.

That being said, in general the developer exam does contain some aspects of administration so it might be easier to start with admin and move on to the dev exam. With the dev stuff, one thing I have seen is that you need to have XML mastered. If you are just writing queries that might not be something you are experienced with, so study that as much as possible.
  • enJOYlifeenJOYlife Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks so much for the feedback. I will definitely dive into XML studying!