CCNA/Lammle book how far to read to pass ICND1?

nastynate604nastynate604 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey All,

Just got my hands on the 7th edition Lammle book which is for exam 640-802. I believe this is the test you take for both ICND1 & 2 combined. I was wondering how far into the book I would have to study to just pass the ICND1? I hear you get an entry level certification from Cisco for passing that first exam.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• GOZCUGOZCU Member Posts: 234
    You should read Chapter -1 , 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16 completely
  • Ltat42aLtat42a Member Posts: 587 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From Todd himself -
    For the ICND1 exam, study these chapters:
    1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 16

For ICND2 exam, study these chapters (assuming you've passed ICND1):
    5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

For CCNA composite, obviously study all chapters.
  • johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed ICND1 and only read 1-6, and that's pretty much all u need.
    no questions from the other chapters? shouldn't be so easy...
  • melcredomelcredo Banned Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    johnnyarks wrote: »
    I passed ICND1 and only read 1-6, and that's pretty much all u need.

congrats! thanks for the heads up...

....whats chapter 16?? i dont think i have that chapter in my lammle book. thanks in advance
    melcredo wrote: »

....whats chapter 16?? i dont think i have that chapter in my lammle book. thanks in advance

I have the same book, 7 th edition has this chapter. Also chapters that i provided should be read was writer's sentence...
  • wolfinsheepsclothingwolfinsheepsclothing Member Posts: 155

Chapter 16: WANs
  • johnnyarksjohnnyarks Member Posts: 136 ■■■□□□□□□□

To be fair, in addition to the book, I also have a home lab, and went through cbt nuggets, CCENT & ICND2 vidz, youtube is another great score for random ccna vidz.

thanks for the reply sir. so thats why i dont have it... i have the 6th edition.
    johnnyarks wrote: »
    To be fair, in addition to the book, I also have a home lab, and went through cbt nuggets, CCENT & ICND2 vidz, youtube is another great score for random ccna vidz.

thanks so much sir for the tips.. this will greatly help me on my review.
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Check the 640-822 ICND1 Exam Topics(Blueprint) on Cisco website,you will see the topics you are to study for CCENT there.

in the 6th edition the 14th topic is WAN.... what is the 14th topic in the 7th edition.. thanks so much for the reply
  • ronal120ronal120 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    in the 6th edition the 14th topic is WAN.... what is the 14th topic in the 7th edition.. thanks so much for the reply
    7th edition
    Chapter 14 - Cisco’s Wireless Technologies
  • TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hey All,

Just got my hands on the 7th edition Lammle book which is for exam 640-802. I believe this is the test you take for both ICND1 & 2 combined. I was wondering how far into the book I would have to study to just pass the ICND1? I hear you get an entry level certification from Cisco for passing that first exam.

Thanks in advance!

Why the minimalist approach? Read the whole book if you want to be a network engineer.
  • nastynate604nastynate604 Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Why the minimalist approach? Read the whole book if you want to be a network engineer.

I definitely plan on reading the whole book I am just segmenting it. I want to get my CCENT first because certifications look good on resume's and I'm currently looking for an entry level networking position. I'm trying to get back in the game after being out for 10 years. My last cert was MCSE for Windows NT 4.0 back in 2000 if you can believe it. :)