How long to study for CCDA?

ZentraediZentraedi Member Posts: 150
So, how did it take you all to study for and pass the CCDA? Like how many hours?

Also, what would you say is the difficulty level and required by prep time as compared to the CCNA?

Yeah, I know everyone is different, but I just want to get a general idea of how long everyone else is taking. It helps me to pace myself and plan out the rest of my cert track for the year. I seem to keep setting over ambitious deadlines for myself.

BTW, recommendations on practice tests? I used Boson for the CCNA, but Kaplan for all my Microsoft stuff.
Current Study Track
EMCCA, EMCCAe, EMCCE, VCIX-NV, Puppet Practitioner, ServiceNow

Comments

• DevilryDevilry Member Posts: 668
    Would like to know this also.
  • DragonNOA1DragonNOA1 Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awaiting replies as well.
    The command line, an elegant weapon for a more civilized age
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I prepared for my CCDA for probably 30 hours. I felt like it was basically the CCNA, reworded with slightly different questions. I'd say for me, 80% of it felt like overlap.

FWIW, that 30 hours was over the course of a month.
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Little bit over a month for review and dedicated studying, but I had already been both Cisco Press CCDA books, had my CCNP prior to pursuing the CCDA.
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS
  • joluis9joluis9 Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Would you recommend doing CCDA after CCNA or after CCNP?
  • SteveO86SteveO86 Member Posts: 1,423
    Defintetly after CCNA, preferably after CCNP. Its good to know how to troubleshoot and implement the technologies you are trying to design
    My Networking blog
    Latest blog post: Let's review EIGRP Named Mode
    Currently Studying: CCNP: Wireless - IUWMS