Rewards for passing tests

Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
I am going to go take the CCENT test here soon and I have decided that the gift to myself for passing is buying a few different color spools of cat 5e cabling and redoing my lab wiring. Is it just me or do other people buy themselves gifts for passing tests or anything of that nature.
Studying For:
B.S. in Computer Science at University of Memphis
Network+
Currently Reading:
CompTIA Network+ Study Guide - Lammle

Comments

• MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Patel128 wrote: »
    I am going to go take the CCENT test here soon and I have decided that the gift to myself for passing is buying a few different color spools of cat 5e cabling and redoing my lab wiring. Is it just me or do other people buy themselves gifts for passing tests or anything of that nature.
    Considering how challenging even the lowly CCENT can be, I think a person should definately reward themselves for passing the exam. As for buying CAT 5e cables instead of a six-pack of your favorite beer-well; that's up to you to choose....icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    MrRyte wrote: »
    Considering how challenging even the lowly CCENT can be, I think a person should definately reward themselves for passing the exam. As for buying CAT 5e cables instead of a six-pack of your favorite beer-well; that's up to you to choose....icon_thumright.gif
    I can't talk much - usually I just end up buying more Cisco books I'd like to eventually read. icon_cheers.gif

But yeah, I need 8 more flat rollover cables for my 2501-16, and some nice looking crossover cables that would be easy to identify. I should probably order those pretty quick before my ICND2 though...I'll probably need them for the labs I want to do prior to the test, icon_lol.gif
  • Patel128Patel128 Member Posts: 339
    @MrRyte
    I am only 19 and I dont drink but maybe a bottle of coke since I've given it up to drop weight would be good.
    Studying For:
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
  • mattlee09mattlee09 Member Posts: 205
    @MrRyte
    I am only 19 and I dont drink but maybe a bottle of coke since I've given it up to drop weight would be good.

Make it something special though, like a pack of bottles or just a single "bottle" if possible. I was off of the stuff for 2 months, had one Dr Pepper, and am just coming off (hopefully) after gaining back 15 pounds. Be careful!
    Yeah. I've been off for a while. I tried some coke zero and I dont like it anymore.
    I just looked online for cat5e cabling and its a lot cheaper than I thought.
    Studying For:
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
    I think my reward is bugging my boss for reimbursement. Knowing that those grey hairs are caused by me, just makes my day. :)
  • hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A better reward would be to reward yourself a trip to Canada, and drink there legally. icon_lol.gif Cheer.
  • NewManSoonNewManSoon Banned Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    A better reward would be to reward yourself a trip to Canada, and drink there legally. icon_lol.gif Cheer.

...and we have better beer :)
  • MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    @MrRyte
    I see....in that case; enjoy a NON-ALCOHOLIC mixed drink like a strawberry pina-colada, margarita, daquiri or Cubre Libre.icon_wink.gificon_cool.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Man reward yourself with whatever you wanted,it's worth it.
  • VAHokie56VAHokie56 Member Posts: 783
    @MrRyte

sheesh I was a VERY bad 19 year old compared to you icon_rolleyes.gif
    .ιlι..ιlι.
    CISCO
    "A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish" - Ty Webb
    Reading:NX-OS and Cisco Nexus Switching: Next-Generation Data Center Architectures
    Haha. Now I am thinking of adding on to just the cables. I probably should be studying instead of wondering what to get when I pass it. Gotta study to pass I would assume
    Studying For:
    Network+
    Currently Reading:
  • MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mattlee09 wrote: »
    I can't talk much - usually I just end up buying more Cisco books I'd like to eventually read. icon_cheers.gif

That's basically what I did. My CCNA was a milestone on my way upwards and onwards so I didn't immediately feel that a big reward was necessary. Maybe after CCNP or CCIE.

I have heard of people getting themselves iPADs, new computers, vacations, etc. I took myself out to lunch when I got my CCNA - I can't imagine spending so much money on a reward after experiencing the cost of the exam and related study materials, etc.
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
    Blog -- Keeping It Classless
  • QordQord Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My reward for myself was a whole week of doing nothing. I still did the regular day-to-day stuff like work, but for the first time in months I allowed myself to relax a little. I had forgotten what it was like to come home from work and sit down without a book in hand.
  • phonetic.manphonetic.man Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Mierdin wrote: »
    I have heard of people getting themselves iPADs, new computers, vacations, etc. I took myself out to lunch when I got my CCNA - I can't imagine spending so much money on a reward after experiencing the cost of the exam and related study materials, etc.

Costco is just across the street from the testing center I use. After tests I usually stop for a slice of pizza or a hotdog.
    Currently studying: Backup Academy, CWNA, MCSA:08, iBoss ISCP
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    My reward is usually taking a break to relax from studying by playing some video games and drinking Coca-Cola or getting some ice cream. :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63