CCNA Books?

SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
Anyone have a suggestion as to which way to go?

CCNA 802 or ICND2 Specific?

Odom or Lammle?

Lammle seems to have better reviews on Amazon, with a number of people saying Odom's book is blah.

I was also looking at the Sybex CCNA kit that's priced around $130. Anyone get this and is it worth it? I'd like to have a solid bit of information at my disposal to lab with.

Anyone have advice based on personal experience before I order one?

Comments

• alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Odom and Lammle are both solid books, both cover everything you need. The main difference is their writing style, so head over to Google Books and check the previews. Or just grab them both used off of Amazon, you can never have too many resources at your disposal.
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    If i were to start it again,i will go for the CCNA 802 route instead of the the two way ICND1 & 2 route,though it will cost $250 at once, though that is just the way i viewed it now and it also depends on you if you can handle a lot of informations at a time.Concerning the book to read I think both books are good as i have been hearing but i only use Todd Lammle book and (cbtnuggets Jeremy ciora for my ccent) and (Trainings solutions video for my icnd2).
    As per the Sybex kits you mentioned what are the items you have in it.