Passed the CCENT today, I hope.

azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
I sat for the CCENT exam today and have to say it was challenging. I'm new to the Cisco certifications and found the score report interesting. Apparently even though I passed the exam, it's not official until Cisco analyzes my answers. I do like this method of grading.

What I used:
CBT Nuggets
Lab Sim, although I found it didn't give me all the info needed to answer the practice questions. I used it for 3 days then moved on.
CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide, 2nd Edition Wendell Odom
and lurking around on these forums.

I scored 850.

Edit: It is now official. I received an email at 10pm with the good news. Woo Hoo. Now back to CBT nuggets CCNA videos
Currently Studying:
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)

Comments

• SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Congrats!

How long did you study?
  • MierdinMierdin Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CBT Nuggets vids are great! Especially for the first phase of studying - I usually recommend to those that ask to start with that, but spend an equivalent amount of time both labbing and taking practice tests.

Congrats on the pass! Good luck moving forward.
    "We gain complexity by linking together. To be isolated within a single platform is to be reduced. We see less. Understand less. It is quieter.” -Legion

Current Focus: CCIE R/S
    Blog -- Keeping It Classless
  • azjagazjag Member Posts: 579 ■■■■■■■□□□
    SdotLow wrote: »
    Congrats!

How long did you study?

This time I studied for the last 30 days. I had taken classes at the Cisco Network Academy at my local CC within the last 2 years but stopped after the second class.
    Currently Studying:
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Administration (VCAP5-DCA) (Passed)
    VMware Certified Advanced Professional 5 – Data Center Design (VCAP5-DCD)
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congrats azjag,yea you are right the test is challenging,i wish you best of luck on your way to icnd2.
  • whatthehellwhatthehell Member Posts: 920
    Congratz and thanks for listing your study materials! Good luck on the CCNA!icon_thumright.gif
    2017 Goals:
    [ ] Security + [ ] 74-409 [ ] CEH
    Future Goals:
    TBD
  • hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232