Taking ICND1 tomorrow @ 10.15am EST - Edit: PASSED!

wavewave Member Posts: 342
Thanks to everyone for their support so far, I'm taking ICND1 at 10.15am EST tomorrow. Will let you know how I go!

Cheers,

EDIT: PASSED!! See below.

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
SWITCH Passed 25 September 2012
TSHOOT Passed 23 October 2012
Taking CCNA Security in April 2013 then studying for the CISSP

Comments

• SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Good luck man! Let me know how hard that thing is compared to those exsim's :D
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Best of Luck wave,just go get it with full force,just try to get yourself together and try not to be nervous.Stay calm....
  • wavewave Member Posts: 342
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it!

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
    PASSED!!!!!

I studied for four months using mostly Odom's ICND1 book and Lammle's for reference. I purchased the CBT Nuggets videos and found them to be a nice break from the books. However, they were very light on content and I really didn't learn a lot from them. Surprisingly, the Odom book worked best for me!

I also purchased the Cisco Press CCNA flash cards but hardly used them.

I have a small lab with 2x 2600's and 3x 2950's which were very helpful. I also used Packet Tracer and GNS3. I found Packet Tracer to be awesome for use on my laptop in the evenings but as many of you will know, it's a little buggy and not all of the commands work.

I HIGHLY recommend the Boson ExSim Max exam practice pack if you can afford it. Those exams really help me in the last few weeks.

Happy to answer questions on my study, but now that I've signed that NDA I can't talk about the exam itself.

Tonight I'll be having a few beers with a mate to celebrate and tomorrow I'll be hitting the books again for ICND2!

w00t

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
  • MonkerzMonkerz Member Posts: 842
  • SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Congrats!!! Glad to hear it! Lots of passes today for ICND1. Hopefully I'll be joining you all this Saturday!

Edit: NVM!
  • mark_s0mark_s0 Member Posts: 82 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on your ICND2 studies! I know what you mean about CBT nuggets, can't say I got much from them either. Cisco Press book was really good for ICND1 IMO. What are you resources for ICND2?
  • Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    Congratsicon_cheers.gif
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]
    mark_s0 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on your ICND2 studies! I know what you mean about CBT nuggets, can't say I got much from them either. Cisco Press book was really good for ICND1 IMO. What are you resources for ICND2?

I have Odom's ICND2 book, the ICND2 CBT Nugget videos (bought the full CCNA set at once.) Maybe I'll pick up one more text, but I'm feeling the Cisco Press book will probably see me through.

I also just got approval from my boss to go on an ICND2 boot camp. I know it's impossible to learn everything one needs to pass the exam in five days, but I figured that it's a good pre-exam round up! (Especially because I'm not paying!)

ROUTE Passed 1 May 2012
  • lynxuslynxus Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on ICND2!
  • alxxalxx Member Posts: 755
    Congratulations!
    Goals CCNA by dec 2013, CCNP by end of 2014
  • andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Congratz wave........................