How to know where the IOS has been loaded from

CaySpekkoCaySpekko Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Is there a command that shows where the current loaded ios has been loaded from like for example, from the tftp server rather than flash?

The reason why I ask is because I set up a tftp qemu host in GNS3, and put an IOS on that server, then issued a 'boot system tftp' command, saved the configuration and reloaded, however, I'm not convinced it booted from the tftp server.

I tried show bootvar on the router, and it showed where the booted image was configured to boot from (the tftp server), but even if I configure it with the wrong ip address it still shows that.

Does GNS3 even support booting from a tftp server?

Thanks!

Comments

• Chris_Chris_ Member Posts: 326
    CaySpekko wrote: »
    Is there a command that shows where the current loaded ios has been loaded from like for example, from the tftp server rather than flash?

The reason why I ask is because I set up a tftp qemu host in GNS3, and put an IOS on that server, then issued a 'boot system tftp' command, saved the configuration and reloaded, however, I'm not convinced it booted from the tftp server.

I tried show bootvar on the router, and it showed where the booted image was configured to boot from (the tftp server), but even if I configure it with the wrong ip address it still shows that.

Does GNS3 even support booting from a tftp server?

Thanks!

Really couldn't say whether or not GNS3 supports tftp boot!

but to check the bootimage i believe sho ver will give you the system image file that was used. i think this indicates which file was used for boot - but prepared to be corrected on that.
    Going all out for Voice. Don't worry Data; I'll never forget you
    :study: CVoice [X] CIPT 1 [ ] CIPT 2 [ ] CAPPS [ ] TVOICE [ ]