Options

How to know when you are ready

ronal120ronal120 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
How do I know when I'm ready to take the exam, since I don't know exactly what is going to be on the test? Are there are any practice tests out there similar to the CCNA Composite 640-802 in questions that would really gauge whether I'm ready or not? icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Member Posts: 520
    The thing is, you DO know exactly what will be on the test! Cisco provides all the exam objectives on their site lol. This is everything you need to know.

Ok, to be a little more concise in what I think you're asking.. If you have the Cisco Press ICND books, each book has a full practice exam (Boson simulator) in the back. I've heard these exams are very tough and are a great way to gauge your readiness for the exams. Also, make sure you get a lot of lab practice!
    Currently reading: Internet Routing Architectures by Halabi
  • Options
    hyperrawr9000hyperrawr9000 Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can you remember how to configure stuff from memory? If you can remember how to do that for all of the different topics without having to look it up in the book then you are probably ready for the sims. As for the informational stuff that you need to memorize, I tend to take notes, fill out half a page to a page per topic with the most important stuff to help me remember. If you have access to the boson simulator questions, great. I have been told they are harder than the actual exam so test yourself against those if you can. If you cant, then try to see if you can remember how each protocol works from memory. Don't have to remember every little detail but if you can explain how it works to yourself without looking in a book then you should be able to figure out anything you dont know on the exam by ruling out incorrect answers. *edit* I wish my reply kept its formatting so it wasn't such a wall of text.
  • Options
    lrblrb Member Posts: 526
    I know I'm ready when I'm sick of reading the damn books and looking towards what exam I wan't to do after this one :)

But seriously, the exams which come with the Cisco Press books I would say are harder than the questions on the exams, so if you can get pretty decent scores on them you should be good to give it a try!
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Everything you need to know is listed on this page. There's no real trickery, you either know the stuff or you don't.

https://learningnetwork.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4975