Options

HP Tablet a non seller

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□

Comments

• Options
    qcomerqcomer Member Posts: 142
    I got one for free from HP and I happen to love it.
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    The ad writes itself:

"BLOWOUT DEAL: Buy any (insert product here) and get a free HP Touchpad. Hurry up, offer valid only until December 2012"

(yes, 2012)
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
  • Options
    SteveLordSteveLord Member Posts: 1,717
    It's not that its a bad product. It just comes late to the game...which is already over saturated and confusing to the average consumer.
    WGU B.S.IT - 9/1/2015 >>> ???
  • Options
    petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    SteveLord wrote: »
    It's not that its a bad product. It just comes late to the game...which is already over saturated and confusing to the average consumer.

Not to mention it's a proprietary OS-based tablet with no existing or rapidly developing apps library. If you could run iPad or Android apps on it, it'd be killer. Has Angry Birds been ported to it yet?
    [crickets] [/crickets]
    I looked at one of these in Best Buy a few days ago. It's a nice tablet, but I am pretty immersed in the Android world now, so it'd be a tough sell to get me to buy a tablet I can't get lots of free apps for quickly.

Also-- it's bad enough that there are useful low-end Android tablets out there getting dumped on clearance outlets. . . wait until the HP stuff hits.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I love my Touchpad, but the numbers are weak. It does have Angrybirds, but apps are limited....
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
  • Options
    Chris:/*Chris:/* Member Posts: 658 ■■■■■■■■□□
    That is good to hear I thought the commercials were annoying.
    Degrees:
    M.S. Information Security and Assurance
    B.S. Computer Science - Summa Cum Laude
    A.A.S. Electronic Systems Technology
  • Options
    DevilsbaneDevilsbane Member Posts: 4,214 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I love the WebOS platform. I've had a plam pre for nearly two years now and I love it. My only complaint with it is Palm/HP and how they handled it. For example, releasing the Pre plus, and Pre2 for Verizon and not Sprint which was their sole provider at launch. I know many people (including myself) that went to sprint just to have this phone. It is now over two years old and needs some hardware upgrades that the last 3 years have brought.

Also upsetting is how they handle their releases. HP announced back in February the Pre 3 and the tablet. Hype was big... and then you never heard a word about it. Both the phone and the tablet have slowly slipped onto the market and nobody even knew about it. If the Pre3 was on sprint, not only would I have resigned my contract, but I'd have bought the touchpad because of all of the integration between the two. But since I don't have the pre3 I don't need the touchpad.

It is really a shame when a good device fails because of poor marketing. I seriously wonder what these people were thinking.
    petedude wrote: »
    Not to mention it's a proprietary OS-based tablet with no existing or rapidly developing apps library. If you could run iPad or Android apps on it, it'd be killer. Has Angry Birds been ported to it yet?
    [crickets] [/crickets]
    I looked at one of these in Best Buy a few days ago. It's a nice tablet, but I am pretty immersed in the Android world now, so it'd be a tough sell to get me to buy a tablet I can't get lots of free apps for quickly..

Yes, angry birds is on webos. As is seasons and rio. The limits in apps are my only cons to the devices. The interface is amazingly simple. I've used iphones and several versions of Androids. Nothing comes close to the drag and drop, swiping that webos uses. I don't know how I'll ever be able to move to something that takes more than 2 quick swipes (1 swipe up to minimize, and then another to scroll through all the apps I have. And not just a list of apps, you can see the windows much like Aero uses in Windows 7). The limits in apps I attribute to the smaller userbase which I then blame back to poor marketing. One thing Apple does is they generate hype and they keep it going until the date of launch. HP makes an announcement that doesn't contain a date of launch (summer which turned out to mean August and not June as people expected) providers that it will be running on, or any meaningful information. Then they just pretend that it doesn't exist and one day you notice that it is sitting on the shelf.
    Decide what to be and go be it.
  • Options
    demonfurbiedemonfurbie Member Posts: 1,819
    it may get a second life if they open the bootloader and it hits the discount bin

seeing as they are sellout out the webos line anyway may as well sell the tabs for what ever ya can get for them
    wgu undergrad: done ... woot!!
    WGU MS IT Management: done ... double woot :cheers: