Options

I can choose one official course, which one?

creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
Which one should I take?

I've already studied the crap out of SWITCH, though I still still haven't mustered the courage to take, and also I was sidetracked by having to take MS exams to retain partner status.

The way I feel is, ROUTE is too big a subject to cover in a one week course anyway, so I might as well go for TSHOOT. I had a friend take a cisco troubleshooting course during the last curriculum (BCSI, BCMSN, ONT, ISCW), and he he said it was the best cisco course he'd taken. Obviously, TSHOOT didn't exist back then (and the name wasn't CIT either)
Itchy... Tasty!
[X] DCICN
[X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
[ ] DCICT

Comments

• Options
    ehndeehnde Member Posts: 1,103
    Which one should I take?

I've already studied the crap out of SWITCH, though I still still haven't mustered the courage to take, and also I was sidetracked by having to take MS exams to retain partner status.

The way I feel is, ROUTE is too big a subject to cover in a one week course anyway, so I might as well go for TSHOOT. I had a friend take a cisco troubleshooting course during the last curriculum (BCSI, BCMSN, ONT, ISCW), and he he said it was the best cisco course he'd taken. Obviously, TSHOOT didn't exist back then (and the name wasn't CIT either)

You have already studied for switch, why don't you start there? It sounds like fear of failure is keeping you from doing what you know you need to do. Schedule the exam now, but give yourself time to do final test prep....that's the way to do it and nail it.
    Climb a mountain, tell no one.
  • Options
    creamy_stewcreamy_stew Member Posts: 406 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am, indeed, afraid of failing SWITCH. I started studying for BCSM and just as I was about to order a practice test, they switched curriculums on me icon_sad.gif

Anyway, what I'm mostly asking about now, is: If you could take one networking course, which one would you take?

The official SWITCH course seems lika a waste of money and time since I've already covered it through self-study.
    Itchy... Tasty!
    [X] DCICN
    [X] IINS

[ ] CCDA
    [ ] DCICT
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    If your that afraid of the SWITCH exam, then the switch course would be good for you. If you sit through a week of training and you feel like you knew all the material, then you are probably ready to take the actual test.

Never be afraid of failing, like Thomas A. Edison said:
    "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work"
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    lordylordy Member Posts: 632 ■■■■□□□□□□
    In your place I would probably choose ROUTE.

I'm in a similar position right now. I have studied a lot for SWITCH but don't feel just ready for the exam yet. But a one week course probably wouldn't teach me much new. I just need to get my stuff sorted and schedule that exam.

From what I hear about TSHOOT most people are pretty comfortable taking it after passing ROUTE and SWITCH so you probably get all the material there. This course could however probably help you in your day-to-day job.

Even if ROUTE cannot be covered in a week it would sure give you a good base for your self-study so that you could knock it out a few weeks later.

Best of luck!
    Working on CCNP: [X] SWITCH --- [ ] ROUTE --- [ ] TSHOOT
    Goal for 2014: RHCA
    Goal for 2015: CCDP
  • Options
    billyrbillyr Member Posts: 186
    You want to do Tshoot, i.e. troubleshooting Routing & Switching without doing the Routing topics first.

Not to be rude, but there seems to be a glaring flaw in that plan.