Options

Use INE workbook for NP Route/Switch preparation, is it good?

hkechoeshkechoes Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
hi,

Now I'm actively studying ROUTE and SWITCH materials preparing for NP exams, with IE as the ultimate goal, and start looking in doing labs during the study.

In this (early) stage, is that good (or harm) to use the followings for lab?

- INE workbook #1, and book remote racks for running the practice
- Purchase Cisco learning labs for ROUTE, SWITCH and TSHOOT lab sessions.

Of course, also seeking a home lab, but this requires further research and waiting for more reasonable prices for used gear.

Any advices are much appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    INE workbook is I think a little bit over the top for preparation and you need to use there racks which can be expensive. I use there study material, but used the cisco press lab books and was able to do the route portion in GNS3 and already had 4 switches to use for the switching portion.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    it could work out to your advantage, but those INE workbooks assume you know some basic stuff and might overlook something to focus on much deeper concepts. If you use that and the cisco press certification or self study guides, you should be ok. You will already have a feel of the labs and study preparation for the IE as well. It should work to your benefit, just cover the minor topics that might be overlooked in the INE workbooks. icon_thumright.gif
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i wouldnt say its a bad thiing as sometimes its great to fill the gaps to the questions you have - which usually entails going into different cert tracks. However, dont get side tracked from the material required for the blueprint.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking