Options

CCNA composite Failed

ronal120ronal120 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
passing score 825
my score 735

Comments

• Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It's a tough test, but now you know what you're up against and what areas you need work on. You'll get it next time!
  • Options
    hiddenknight821hiddenknight821 Member Posts: 1,209 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Since you failed the test, can you tell us if this is your first time or you took the ICND1?

We also would like to see where you are weak in. You can tell us what's on your score sheet. That won't be a violation to the NDA. Have you considered going two tests route? My feeling is that you may not be ready to face many questions on either ICND exam since they are weighted more than the composite.
  • Options
    ronal120ronal120 Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    is my first test, I want just do in one test route
    I despair over time.

Describe how network works (71%)
    Configure, verify and troubleshoot a switch with vlans and routing interswitching communications (78%)
    Implement an IP addressing scheme and IP Services to meet network requirements in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network (88%)
    Configure and troubleshoot basic operation and routing on Cisco devices (47%)
    Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN (0%)
    Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats (0%)
    Implement, verify, and troubleshoot NAT and ACLs in a medium-size Enterprise branch office network (29%)
    Implement and verify WAN links (100%)

My test was in Mexico City, in spanish.
    Sorry I'm using google traslate.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Explain and select the appropriate administrative tasks required for a WLAN (0%)
    Identify security threats to a network and describe general methods to mitigate those threats (0%)
    icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif
    Hit the books hard on these two areas especially and you should be in good shape.
  • Options
    asoftasoft Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sry...It happens to a lot of first timers. Where exactly you had problem with the test?

Just make sure that you prepare using Recommened Books/Simulators:

1. Books: Cisco Press CCNA/ Todd Lammle
    2. Exam Sim: Boson/CertExams.com/Transcender
    3. Network Sim: Boson/Packet Tracer (only if u are academy student)/CertExams.com

All the best!
  • Options
    andy4techandy4tech Member Posts: 138
    Ronal don't feel bad about this,it happens to a lot of people,everyone has one or two story to tell about Cisco tests.Just hit the area you score less hard again and try to manage your time very well.You will surely get it next time.
  • Options
    MrRyteMrRyte Member Posts: 347 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Don't dwell on failing the CCNA. Few have passed it on their first try. Just reschedule it, focus on your weaknesses and try again.icon_wink.gif

KEEP AT IT BRO!!!!icon_thumright.gif
    NEXT UP: CompTIA Security+ :study:

Life is a matter of choice not chance. The path to your destiny will be paved by the decisions that you make every day.
  • Options
    SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    The composite is a monster from what I've heard. I'm studying for my ICND2 exam and was thinking last night as I was reading, "I can't imagine being tested on all of this and ICND1 in one sitting'.

Good luck!
  • Options
    certnerdcertnerd Registered Users Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have heard from those that have done ICND1 and composite that composite is actually a better route (no pun intended) The composite is apparently wider but not as in depth as the two part path. I did the single exam and passed, so I guess they would say that!

I did it using the Cisco Network Academy, their exploration curriculm aims at the composite not the two part. The Cisco Academy also do the discovery curriculm which is two part but at leeds in the uk where I did it they do the exploration version.

I think the Academy Program is a world wide thing and certainly in the uk the prices were a fraction of the Cisco week long training courses.

www.networkacademy.co.uk Check your local colleges to see if they run it also.
  • Options
    SdotLowSdotLow Member Posts: 239
    Interesting. I'd have thought it would be a mixture of each of the questions sets from the ICND1 and ICND2, not an entirely different questions set.
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Cisco Launches its Global "CCNA Assurance" Promotion

Between now and October 31, 2011, candidates that register to take a Cisco CCNA exam and do not pass will have an opportunity to retest at 50% off! Eligible candidates will be sent a promotional email by Cisco with information on how to take advantage of this offer. Both the full-priced and discounted exams must be taken by October 31, 2011.

For further details about this promotion, please visit Cisco "CCNA Assurance" Promotion
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    Ron BrandtRon Brandt Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ronal120 wrote: »
    passing score 825
    my score 735

Failing on the first shot is common. Myself and six others wrote the CCNA
    between June and July. I was the only one that passed. Some failed twice.
    I passed on the first attempt and lost touch with the others to see if they wrote again...

Marks ranged by failing by 1 point to hundreds of points..we all did the Cisco Acadamy either full time or part time course.

We have figured the exam has an 85% failure rate this year.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    SdotLow wrote: »
    The composite is a monster from what I've heard. I'm studying for my ICND2 exam and was thinking last night as I was reading, "I can't imagine being tested on all of this and ICND1 in one sitting'.

Good luck!

Believe it or not, there was a time (long time ago)icon_smile.gif actually only a few years ago, when there was no 2 part CCNA exam structure. You had to take everything combined.

It is very dooable but you have to focus your studies and Lab, Lab, Lab it.icon_wink.gif

Good luck guys, you will make it!
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.