Options

Viruses

JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
I know im not a big fan of them but it is sure is fun watchin or hearing other ppl get the viruses and they could learn from them like NOT downloading them lol

anyway I was wounerin is there a way of getting a virus but not having any probs and putting it on a file or something like that? :D:D:D:D
Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    Modern virusses are certainly not funny and should be taken seriously by every IT professional. Putting them on file is usually only with bad intentions... so the general idea of anti-virus software is to destroy them but many allow files to be placed in quarantine for further examination.

One day you might be responsible for an entire network with several thousands of users and a virus enters the company's network because it is so new it isn't covered by the virus wall or local virus scanners, resulting in loss of data and downtime... you won't be laughing then icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    JamesfJamesf Member Posts: 49 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yah I know what u mean, I have a virus scaner my self. And I think everyone should. I have norton 2003. and I had no viruses in along time and I don't even try to get them.
    Welcome to James (f)Cares(f) you're Special...Special...no really you're Special! :D
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    I receive about 5 to 10 per day from users all over with whom I had contact about their user account for example and their client added my email address to their contact list/address book...

icon_idea.gif For those that don't have anti-virus software installed. Check out http://housecall.trendmicro.com for a 'free house call'.
  • Options
    spacemancwspacemancw Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What the hell is this guy talking about?
    He's wondering if he can "get a virus, have no problems and put it on a file or something"

It's like one of those questions where u start out with ... "A friend of mine has this problem ......"

Basically he's asking how can he capture a virus without being infected and use it to infect others.

There's no need to explain viruses to him, he already knows enuf, and he knows exactly what he wants to do.
    Yahoo Instant Messanger : spacemancw
  • Options
    bellboybellboy Member Posts: 1,017
    my first computer was a 2nd user 486, when the hottest new computers were normally fitted with p100s. pentiums used edo memory and 486 machines could use fast page, parity, non-parity, etc. well, it took me something like three years to track down and disinfect or destroy all my floppies as they had been infected with the parity-b boot-secotr virus - a virus that affected my 486, but no machines since.

i had traded a few dos games with friends who had pentiums and some of them unwittingly gave me the virus.
    A+ Moderator
  • Options
    ghaoufghaouf Inactive Imported Users Posts: 317
    a virus is code that is used to infect your computer and it is not good
    a program is a code that is used to inhance your computer and is good

so maybe you need some program icon_lol.gif